ad-hell-aide

That's awesome.

Theta_Frost wrote:
fedepede04 wrote:

theoretically it can be changed, but I will probably be necessary to have 2 player routines, but it would be possible.
I've played a little with the idea to create a hardware player, I have 10pcs Philips Saa1099 sound chip, and a friend who can help me with the hardware.
I am also considering created my own softsynth, 16/32 channels chip tracker, because it can be difficult to get hold of the old hardware chip
but I do not know what I'll do yet because I still have a long way to go with my Ym2149 tracker.

/Peter

Welcome! big_smile  Phillips SAA1099 is one of my favorite chips, so I toss my hat in for interest!

Thank you:

I've never actually use the saa1099 my self. but many years ago where I was standing and waiting for the bus,
there was a small computer shop, where they exhibit the SAM Coupé,
I became pretty wild with it, but he did not have any of them at home, so in the meantime I bought the hardware manual, and read all about it and looking forward to create a tracker for it, so one day I came by, he said that it was impossible to get it home.
so since then, I were unable to completely get rid the of idea to create a tracker for it.
so early this year I bought 10 of them and had agreed with my friend that he would help me with hardware.
and i was about to get started, when my Ym2149 Tracker got in the way
problem is that now, i don't know what i will do, when i am done with ym-tracker.

/Peter

little-scale wrote:

That's awesome.

Thank you, did you try it smile

ad-hell-aide

No, but I think it is always fantastic to see new tools and new toys in the community.

Also, the SAA-1099 boss. A great chip, very simple and nice sound.

little-scale wrote:

No, but I think it is always fantastic to see new tools and new toys in the community.

Also, the SAA-1099 boss. A great chip, very simple and nice sound.

OK smile

the idea I have now is to create a tracker, where you not only have a ym2149 or a saa1099,
but where each sound can be a different sound chips, but with much the same instrument structure.
but for now I have to make my ym tracker finished.

/Peter

fedepede04 wrote:

Hi All...

Hi! Your trackers look great. Congrats.

If you like I could help you make a webpage so you can permanently host your programs somewhere instead of using filesharing sites.

herr_prof (of truechiptilldeath.com fame) offered to give you some webspace. I think you should take his offer, that way we know it'll be around longer. Things like these projects disappear all of a sudden sometimes which sucks sad

Last edited by Battle Lava (Sep 17, 2011 6:17 am)

Tokyo, Japan

I think this post might be deserving of a a more awesome and descriptive title!

Battle Lava wrote:
fedepede04 wrote:

Hi All...

Hi! Your trackers look great. Congrats.

If you like I could help you make a webpage so you can permanently host your programs somewhere instead of using filesharing sites.

herr_prof (of truechiptilldeath.com fame) offered to give you some webspace. I think you should take his offer, that way we know it'll be around longer. Things like these projects disappear all of a sudden sometimes which sucks sad

Hi Battle Lava.

Thank you very much for the offer, I am working on trying to make a website,
it just goes a little slow because I've never tried it before, but I hope to have something ready in a few days,

there were a couple of reasons I declined herr_prof offers,
The first was that I do not think there was a reason to draw traffic to herr_prof web line, when i could uploaded it free to rapidshare , the other is that I hopefully have a website up and running within a few days. and the last is that the ym-tracker is still beta, so sometimes I have multiple versions finished the same day, so it is easier for me, uploading it to rapidshare.
but I greatly appreciate your offer, and think that is great, that ye will use time and resources on helping.

I have no problem with that other host my program, so if anyone wants host it, then feel free.

Best Regards
Peter

Lazerbeat wrote:

I think this post might be deserving of a a more awesome and descriptive title!

Hi LazerBeat.
is it better now:)

/Peter

Hey man if you're after easy hosting grab a 2 gig dropbox account and use the public folder

San Francisco

Phillips SAA1099 would be pretty sweet.

mk wrote:

Hey man if you're after easy hosting grab a 2 gig dropbox account and use the public folder

Hi mk.
Thanks for the tip.

I have space i just need to finish my web-page.
here it is,
www.fedepede04.dk

it's long from finished. but i just got my Dos-Editor up for download
you need to look under Dos-editor.

Best Regard
Peter

Last edited by fedepede04 (Sep 17, 2011 11:08 am)

wedanced wrote:

Phillips SAA1099 would be pretty sweet.

I agree, it could be cool, a sound card with two or three saa1099 on it big_smile,
or just one would also be ok.

/Peter

Nomad's Land

Hi Peter,

tried your YM tracker. I really like the overall concept and design of it. However I think it still needs some work to be really useful.
Here's a quick list of things that could be improved, maybe I'll add more later.

Bugs:

- Window ignores the Taskbar. Maybe add Fullscreen mode to avoid this.

- Changing the Synth Wave form seems to have no effect on the actual sound. (Maybe I'm doing it wrong though.) EDIT: yes i was doing it wrong. nevermind.

- Some typos. Arpeiggio should be Arpeggio, Node should be Note and efx are commonly abbrevated as FX.

Improvements:

- More FX should allowed in score fx column, especially arpeggio. This problem we have already with MusicMon, great instrument editor but for every little change you have to make a new instrument, which wastes a lot of space and is annoying for composers.

- The yellow bars in the vibrato/arpeggio editor should reflect the current state of the settings, rather than snap back to zero.

- Instrument editor is a bit confusing. More documentation is needed here. For example why have 2 knobs that say "Tone" resp. "Noise"? Of course the question here is where the envelope is applied. You should make that more clear somehow.

- Display total length of envelope.

- The currently edited line should be in the center of the score view, not on top.

Feature requests:

- SNDH export. Few people here will know how to convert/rip tunes from non-standard format.

- A little tab that enables you to quickly move around in the score (sequencer view). I like your concept of having a continuous score rather than single patterns. However without an overview tab it will get rather confusing.

- Freely configurable envelopes. ADSR is not enough.

- Note stop. What's "Rel" by the way?

Cheers and keep up the good work!

edit: added some stuff. also found out how to move sliders slowly and how make 100 hz instruments.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Sep 17, 2011 7:32 pm)

Hi irrlichtproject.

First a big thanks for taking your time to do this feedback. I appreciate

good to hear that you don't think that it's Sucks smile
i know there still is a lot of work to be done, but it does not go as fast as it used
and those who are beta testing the program have not really had time,
so it is not much feedback I have received, it has been code and testing.

There are often many errors, that slip through, when you do the most yourself.
your feedback is probably the best I've had. smile

irrlichtproject wrote:

- Window ignores the Taskbar. Maybe add Fullscreen mode to avoid this.
- Display total length of envelope.

Don't know what you exactly mean here.

irrlichtproject wrote:

- Some typos. Arpeiggio should be Arpeggio, Node should be Note and efx are commonly abbrevated as FX.

Arpeiggio : Fixed both in the program and readme file

Node and Efx i believe you refer to the readme file, if so : Fixed

irrlichtproject wrote:

- More FX should allowed in score fx column, especially arpeggio.

yes i have think of fade in - out / master volume / maybe chorus - reverb 
i have think of the arpeggio how to implement it, if i make a midi-module later i need a way to overwrite my arpeggio list.

irrlichtproject wrote:

- The yellow bars in the vibrato/arpeggio editor should reflect the current state of the settings, rather than snap back to zero.

the reason to i have made it like this is, i first used windows slider, like the rest of the program,
but they were too inaccurate, and you could not tell the difference then the value was low.
but i will look it to it later and see if it is the same with my own sliders.

irrlichtproject wrote:

- Instrument editor is a bit confusing. More documentation is needed here. For example why have 2 knobs that say "Tone" resp. "Noise"? Of course the question here is where the envelope is applied. You should make that more clear somehow.

i know i will make a manuals later,
but to answer your questions, when you press a key the envelope start.
The 2 tone-noise on/off button are on/off gates they are made for eg.
if you want to make a bass drum and you only want noise for a short period but you want the sound to continue, when you can use this.

irrlichtproject wrote:

- The currently edited line should be in the center of the score view, not on top.

just click in the score windows where you want the edit line.

irrlichtproject wrote:

Feature requests:

- SNDH export. Few people here will know how to convert/rip tunes from non-standard format.

- Freely configurable envelopes. ADSR is not enough.

- Note stop. What's "Rel" by the way?

SNDH i will have to look in to that later, but i will have No problem releasing my score format, in txt form.

what kind of Envelope do you think it should be?
Btw. you can use it together with the amp modulations.

i think Note stop and Rel is the same, not sure.
Rel is release, if you have Sustain hold (S.H) on in the envelope and you set a Rel, then it start to release the note.

irrlichtproject wrote:

- A little tab that enables you to quickly move around in the score (sequencer view). I like your concept of having a continuous score rather than single patterns. However without an overview tab it will get rather confusing.

i talk with one of my friends today about the same problem, we talk about making some cue points into it, from keys 1 to 0, and let you jump for one cue point to an other, or play from cue point,
but i also got an other idea, don't know if it can be done.
if you could change background color in different place of the score. eg. if the background color of the first 8 bars was blue, and the next 16 bars was red and so on, i think it would provide a better over view.

irrlichtproject wrote:

Cheers and keep up the good work!

edit: added some stuff. also found out how to move sliders slowly and how make 100 hz instruments.

Thank you again for the feedback I appreciate it very much.
Best regards
Peter.

Btw cool to see you discovery hot to make 100hz instruments. just to be sure.
sound speed x 50Hz so if sound speed is 6 then you instruments will run 300HZ.

Last edited by fedepede04 (Sep 17, 2011 10:57 pm)

questions : how dos Arpeggio work in a normal tracker:

- do you have to set the Arpeggio Efx on all notes or just one and it will continue to  receive a second note.

-  can have both plus and minus values. eg 0,3,7 or 0,-3, -7 even mix values