Hoxton, London UK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midines-wayfa … 19c8c1933f

Selling a midines, a wayfar clear cart, a year old, works great.

I'll throw in a free Multiregion NES console (no controller) for UK chipmusic.org peoples, just mention it in the 'note to seller' section.

Last edited by Shriker (Sep 15, 2011 2:14 pm)

Fargo

Is the clear cart PAL or something?  What's the difference?

IL, US

clear carts are either later run 1.1.0 carts or 1.1.1 (same as 1.1.0, but regionless)..think that would mean it was produced in 2009 or later

Fargo
e.s.c. wrote:

clear carts are either later run 1.1.0 carts or 1.1.1 (same as 1.1.0, but regionless)..think that would mean it was produced in 2009 or later

But otherwise the same thing as the grey 1.1.0 carts?

Hoxton, London UK

1.1.0 then, because it wouldn't run until i modded the nes to be regionless.

IL, US

clear 1.1.0 carts are same as the grey ones, just a different run

sweden

afaik there is no such thing as a Multiregion NES console? Its either PAL or NTSC (or maybe SECAM etc..)

If you cut the region pin on a PAL NES it will be able to play NTSC games but the pitch will be wrong, if its the old version of midines, aka NTSC only (1.1.0?).

Please correct me if Im wrong?

Hoxton, London UK

really? i cut the region pin, I was told it would be no different to a ntsc nes, but i guess it makes sense... maybe a resistor is needed.

Shriker wrote:

really? i cut the region pin, I was told it would be no different to a ntsc nes, but i guess it makes sense... maybe a resistor is needed.

Cutting that pin only bypass the region CIC chip. You need to change the clock speed of the NES.

PAL is 50 Hz.
NTSC is 60 Hz.

This is what causes the audible tuning problem.

However I'm unaware if that is the speed of the crystal oscillator that is in the NES but I don't think so. There's probably a clock divider in there dividing a crystal of maybe 4000 Hz.

England

With version 1.1.1 at least, it'll work on a NES from any region without mods. In addition to this, the tuning between PAL and NTSC can be selected in the software.

IL, US
InactiveX wrote:

With version 1.1.1 at least, it'll work on a NES from any region without mods. In addition to this, the tuning between PAL and NTSC can be selected in the software.

thats because he added the ciclone chip to the design (which is also why production costs went up with 1.1.1.)

can anyone tell from the pictures here what version it is?
http://tinyurl.com/678ymfx

Fargo
eptheca wrote:

can anyone tell from the pictures here what version it is?
http://tinyurl.com/678ymfx

1.1.0 I believe.

IL, US

grey carts are never higher than 1.1.0
edit: dude has horrible grammar skills, plus you could probably snag one for about $200-ish off here

I'm just worried it could be old, like before 1.1.0
It doesn't look like it says anywhere on the sticker, and I've seen grey carts with 1.1.0 printed on the sticker