Venezuela

UPDATE

Few artist, few # added and new tools

Venezuela

UPDATE

New tools, few usefull links, artists and better organization of the HANDLES/PHONE tools...

Venezuela

UPDATE
Added few tools, fixed few text, added a new section called MUSIC VIDEOS AND RELATED and few other links.

If you have anything who is not in the list, post it! big_smile i will add it...

The Bronx

Ay bendito, se ha olvidado de mí.

Venezuela
minusbaby wrote:

Ay bendito, se ha olvidado de mí.

Sorry Richard, no "noobs" allowed in that list! sad((... i hope you can forgive me, if this makes you feel good, I'm not on that list. :X

UPDATE

I added more apps, links, artists and i created a new section called TWITTER, from twitters users dedicated to promote pixelart (not artist or companies). I also added a section called BOOKS / MAGAZINES, ready to be filled, little by little! tongue

Venezuela

UPDATE

New online apps, new videos and few little changes.

Venezuela

UPDATE

Added more videos, Thx to @KePHF and @3dgust.

If you have any info about pixelart or related. Throw a comment big_smile. The idea is to make this list like a "first aid manual".

Venezuela

UPDATE

Added more videos, twitter users and fixed few errors.

Tucson, AZ

I don't get it.  What criteria is being used for determining who is listed under the "Artists" section and who is not.  No "noobs" by what definition?  I don't see any reason for people who are doing great work, such as minusbaby or yourself (ui), to be excluded.

Other than that, great thread and amazing collection of resources.

Venezuela

Hey Nullsleep, yah i know and i´m agree with you. But was that way, mainly to evade purist-haters. I have tons of artists that aren´t in the list that actually are pretty good and has some interesting pieces.

My (just my) criteria was a bit based in the list at wayofthepixels. Which i considerate "the best place to look".. But basically the criteria was a bit like this...

Experience and trajectory (sceners/oldschool artists), good technique (final result of the pieces), unique style (colors and forms), have been an influence to others people or have something that deserves other ppl to see it.

My plan with this list so far, is to make some kind of "BIBLE", so anybody pixel/non-pixel artist can check it and found good information about. And the main plan is to keep it up to date, for some reason the other list are a bit dead, but still have information that arent in this list. So little by little im adding it, reading and checking for new apps, artist, videos, books, etc... im doing it because i like and dig that other ppl can find information about and because there are many things on this list that deserv to be share. So about the artist, i will try to add more and more, little by little. Honestly im waiting more feedback about the list, like yours, because i think this should be made by more ppl than just one (me in this case)

Oh, about the noob, was just a joke, im not really saying that him or me are noobs, is just and old joke. I will probably try to get/ask other pixelartist that are/aren´t in the list and discuss about the artist criteria, because im know is a sensitive point for many ppl (purist/haters).

Sorry for the long msg, is just to clarify "why"
greetings... and also..

UPDATE tongue
more videos, apps and few words fixed. I still didnt touched the artist part, but defenely im planing to do it.

Venezuela

DOUBLE UPDATE
More videos, games, blogs/tumblrs, twitter and more "organization".

Venezuela

UPDATE

Apps added at HANDLES / PHONES, are marked with a # NEW # from now on. In every update.
Also added a short list/tag of the artists from the different countries. Don´t know about that, i will probably organize them by country and Alphabetic order. But tell me if you find a better way to do it.

Any new tool, leave a msg here and i will add it.

uhajdafdfdfa

<wollymammoth>ui smile for you thread about pixel art programs http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~0rfely … ge-bin.rar
<wollymammoth>it's OGE for MS-DOS

: -- )

here's a painting pixels program for MS-DOS which is nice and works well!

Last edited by ant1 (Oct 6, 2011 4:26 pm)

Venezuela

UPDATE

New apps, artists and fixed few errors.

Thx to wollymomoth at #botb, ant1 for posting the information here and ilkke for his link.

Venezuela

UPDATE

New web app, new game and new gallery. Enjoy!...

Venezuela

UPDATE

New artists, new video and new "interesting link". And fixed a link.