Yuma, AZ

SO I've had this cart for a while now, and recently it has started acting a bit funny on startup.
On occasion, i'll go to fire it up, and the Nintendo logo will descend with a small box missing (over the "do" at the end) and the cart won't boot from there. After I let it sit for some time, it will work again. This has proven to be a huge bummer at a couple of performances lately sad

I have changed out the battery, and reloaded lsdj to the cart, but beyond that - I'm not sure what to do.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Unsubscribe

Does it do that on other gameboys? Maybe try cleaning both your cart and the gameboys contacts?

USA

Try inserting and removing the cart a few dozen times, repeatedly.

This should help clean any gunk and whatnot from your Game Boy's cart contacts.

Doing this seems stupid but it works.

Yuma, AZ

Tried pulling/placing the cart a million times lol. No luck there.
I dont have another GB with me at the office, will have to try that when i get home

Thanks for the advice guys!

Yuma, AZ

on a related note... my other cart seems to be freezing now for no apparent reason. lol. Just playing along through a track and "baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" it freezes and holds the note it's on. Hmm. lol

Sydney, NSW

what time is it

time to get a new cart

hurrhurrhurrnvblnikvngvkrngvpfws

Yuma, AZ

Unfortunately it does look that way lol

Ciudad de méxico, MX

what cart are you using?

England
theAutomaton wrote:

Tried pulling/placing the cart a million times lol. No luck there.
I dont have another GB with me at the office, will have to try that when i get home

Thanks for the advice guys!

You could try removing the board from the cart and cleaning the contacts with a pencil eraser.

Yuma, AZ
Analog wrote:

what cart are you using?

GB USB 64M Smart Card

Also problem solved! Apparently it was booting to page 2, but my page 2 was empty. I just wrote my sram to both pages. viola.

Thank you for all the help, sorry for the dumb questions! lol

sweden
theAutomaton wrote:
Analog wrote:

what cart are you using?

GB USB 64M Smart Card

Also problem solved! Apparently it was booting to page 2, but my page 2 was empty. I just wrote my sram to both pages. viola.

Thank you for all the help, sorry for the dumb questions! lol

The cart can only handle one .sav-file (sram).

Yuma, AZ

hmm... so I should ditch the page 2 then? Sorry I'm still learning a lot of this stuff. lol

Sweeeeeeden

Page 1 & 2 = Flash ROM. This is where you have LSDj or other software.

SRAM = Your songs. This memory is 128 kB big and is shared between the two pages.

For example, if you put two different versions of LSDj on the two pages, you will still see the same songs in both. My advice is to put the same version of LSDj to both pages. That way it will always boot fine.