Hi
i have try to upload some music and get upload error code 500.
What does it mean.

/Peter

Last edited by fedepede04 (Sep 22, 2011 9:14 am)

Sydney, NSW

A 500 error basically says "WHOOPS THE SERVER IS HAVING A HICCUP".
Maybe there's something wrong with the file you're trying to upload (maybe the file name is too complex?). Then again, it could be a bug on the site's side.

Chainsaw Police wrote:

A 500 error basically says "WHOOPS THE SERVER IS HAVING A HICCUP".
Maybe there's something wrong with the file you're trying to upload (maybe the file name is too complex?). Then again, it could be a bug on the site's side.

thanks

the files is an mp3 160kbits joint Stereo, and the file name is 'Drag me here.mp3'
does that look right.

/Peter

A gray world of dread

Should be ok, although as a rule of thumb, never use blanks in file names when you plan to pass them on to a script/web script.

Usually I'd also rant about including your artist name, but cm.org renames the file anyways.

µB wrote:

Should be ok, although as a rule of thumb, never use blanks in file names when you plan to pass them on to a script/web script.

Usually I'd also rant about including your artist name, but cm.org renames the file anyways.

thanks.

but i did not help, i have try to rename it, i have also try to re encode it using Fraunhofer IIs mpeg layer-3 Codec, but none of it helped.

what mp3 codec, do people use here?

A gray world of dread

The problem will not be with your mp3 encoder. I highly doubt the website checks the validity of the mp3, although a corrupt file will not play in the flash player.

At this point I'd wait for an admin to log on so he can check the server logs.

µB wrote:

The problem will not be with your mp3 encoder. I highly doubt the website checks the validity of the mp3, although a corrupt file will not play in the flash player.

At this point I'd wait for an admin to log on so he can check the server logs.

Cool, then i wait.
thanks again

/Peter

Los Angeles

It has nothing to do with any of that. Right now the server is only accepting tiny file sizes. Im having the hosting service look into it.

trash80 wrote:

It has nothing to do with any of that. Right now the server is only accepting tiny file sizes. Im having the hosting service look into it.

Thanks, how tiny?
/peter

Los Angeles
fedepede04 wrote:
trash80 wrote:

Thanks, how tiny?
/peter

Like retarded tiny hehe. I think I was successful with like 50kb. There is something wrong with the server today, our normal max size is around 20mb

trash80 wrote:
fedepede04 wrote:

Thanks, how tiny?
/peter

Like retarded tiny hehe. I think I was successful with like 50kb. There is something wrong with the server today, our normal max size is around 20mb

ok I wait, I do not think I can squeeze it so much smile

/Peter

Los Angeles

Fixed.