Guys, can't thank you enough for doing this. I posted a request a few years ago on atariage.com for a lsdj kind of tracker but I gave up on it thinking it would never happen. The Lynx really has a warm and unique sound and enough output power but the recordings need some processing before they sound good. I recorded some songs back in 2008 through the headphones output:
Turbo Sub
PinballJam(level 2)
Batman
Checkered Flag
Dynolympics
Rampage
World Class Soccer 1
World Class Soccer 2
Zarlor (level 2)

Last edited by Idsz (Sep 27, 2011 11:45 am)

Idsz wrote:

Guys, can't thank you enough for doing this. I posted a request a few years ago on atariage.com for a lsdj kind of tracker but I gave up on it thinking it would never happen. ]

Yes ... requests...

Milwaukee, WI
Idsz wrote:

Guys, can't thank you enough for doing this. I posted a request a few years ago on atariage.com for a lsdj kind of tracker but I gave up on it thinking it would never happen.

This reminds me of a pretty funny story Ty Stagediver had about requesting a similar thing back in 99/00. I guess he stumbled upon this cart: http://www.cheek.org/atari/lynx/sfx.htm and contacted the guy behind it to "create a program like this other cool thing called LSDJ for the game boy." Well, the guy said he would if he knew people would buy it and responded with this nugget: "Considering no one, with the exception of three people knows of this LSDJ thing, it's a low priority."

To think what could have been!

Unsubscribe

I just posted a liveset where I used SFX back in '99. good times!

RG wrote:

This reminds me of a pretty funny story Ty Stagediver had about requesting a similar thing back in 99/00. I guess he stumbled upon this cart: http://www.cheek.org/atari/lynx/sfx.htm !

That one cann sell a programm which just sets a few hardware registers ... is ... really ... good PR. I really wonder who pays 40 bucks for it.

forgot to mention: on (see avatar) you find an updated version of chipper.

Last edited by sagelynx (Sep 27, 2011 8:22 pm)

Unsubscribe

Hey.. it was 1999 - I thought it was AMAZING.

sagelynx wrote:

Yes ... requests...

Let me rephrase that: I was planning on building it myself and asked for help. I can remember you posting in that topic as well sage

Last edited by Idsz (Sep 28, 2011 11:39 am)

Idsz wrote:
sagelynx wrote:

Yes ... requests...

Let me rephrase that:

So let me rephrase that: If it comes to beta testing, interest is dropping exponentially. And thats mainly the reason this project slept for years.

Last edited by sagelynx (Sep 28, 2011 4:19 pm)

Unsubscribe

Well the best way to keep interest going is code releases, we are following, and are waiting!

herr_prof wrote:

Well the best way to keep interest going is code releases, we are following, and are waiting!

Keeping my interest going is people using it and reporting on it.

Unsubscribe

Chicken or the egg? smile

sagelynx wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

Keeping my interest going is people using it and reporting on it.

I follows you 100%
/Peter

I tried it and I like it alot. Few things I noticed: when I preview instruments by pressing the play button the note that is triggered with the "Y" is a different note, a few octaves down. Also is there a pattern loop function?

Idsz wrote:

I tried it and I like it alot. Few things I noticed: when I preview instruments by pressing the play button the note that is triggered with the "Y" is a different note, a few octaves down. Also is there a pattern loop function?

Loop: In the driver(s), yes, in the editor, not yet.
Play is triggering the same note as "q"

Australia
Idsz wrote:

I've you've ever been to Germany you'll know why ;-)  (keyboards are different layout!!!  I'm pretty much used to switching to euro-mode when it comes to using demo-tools!!!)

I'm up in Newcastle at mo on another project but will be back to Beta testing next week :-)

I live nextdoor in the Netherlands, so I'm used to it smile @sage I dont hear the c note when I press play, it just enables me to preview the sound with the keyboard (like in the tracker window)