Dallas,Tx

ok,so i have an amiga 500 with a phoenix sampling card plugged in the back.i started using Protracker and i could sample in that all day long no problems. Then i got a midi box for the amiga so i wanted to use a tracker that supported midi so i started using octamed 4. If i try and sample in octamed 4  i get nothing, even when i "monitor" the sound nothing comes through . If i run protracker again it samples just fine .
what is going on  ? why would one program sample and the other will not . very frustrating .

Milwaukee, WI

Did you set a value for your sample buffer before you started sampling?

Last edited by RG (Sep 28, 2011 4:40 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

Furthermore, which version of Octamed 4 are you using? Coverdisk? Does an image of a dragon come up before the program starts?

Dallas,Tx

an image of a dude with a dragon mask top down playing keyboards comes up as a splash screen yeah .and yeah i have messed with the buffer values .

New York City

Some trackers just refuse to work with certain samplers.
What sort of MIDI capabilities do you need? Protracker has some, limited, but has them.

Dallas,Tx

well first i would like to use the midi controller  to play the samples ,,second i would like to be able to sequence the midi data through my mpc 2500.

Milwaukee, WI

Octamed can only access one sample at a time via MIDI as a slave/sound module. The only way around this (afaik) is to program your sequences in Octamed and sync the whole shebang via MIDI. This will then create another set of problems with MIDI timing and your MPC.

WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF AMIGA.

Dallas,Tx

@ RG ,thats ok id only need 1 sample. for what i use it for,i just use the amiga to make my jp-8000 not sound so clean when i use the pads and some cut single samples off record  i want to pitch . so no biggie. im also using an ensoniqe mirage for the same reason. i just use the amiga on principle because i love it .
and i appreciate the feedback . but that doesnt help with the fact that octamed wont sample to begin with . hmm

seems like i had a problem with my sampler in octamed once... a technosound turbo. at the time i thought my sampler had died or that one of my sound outputs had died. forget what i did to fix it though hmm i think there was something i clicked in the sample monitor window or some option somewhere. it had something to do with stereo vs mono sampling i think. if you have an octamed manual it might be worth glancing at the sampling section if there is one.

Dallas,Tx

yeah....i have the "manual " thats floating around and its pretty unhelpful on this subject. but ill get in and fiddle some more glad to see you got it working . thats actually pretty helpful ., let ya know .