Matthew Joseph Payne

Pulsewave SF/8-bit SF will have a chip hardware demonstration booth, stage time, and probably some other resources available at the mini Maker Faire being held in Oakland, CA on October 15th. We did something similar at the larger San Mateo Maker Faire earlier this year to great effect (we won a ribbon! smile

I'm not sure how many slots may or may not be available, but I'd like to gauge interest in an open forum for performers. I know that the Faire is reserving the final decisions on performers for themselves to make, but it would be nice to give them a wide array of choices.

I'm also looking for visualists. Sounds like we can get a dark room. smile

So if you're from the bay area, or you'll be in or near the bay area on Oct 15th and you're interested in playing and helping us spread the gospel, please let me know!

If you get a performance slot, it comes with free admission to the Faire, and requires that you work a stint at the demo table, helping explain and demo the equipment to passers by.

Los Angeles, CA

HEY, I'M INTERESTED.
THAT'S RIGHT: I WANT TO PLAY IN SAN FRANCISCO TWICE IN LESS THAN A MONTH.
Depending on whether or not I can sell my Xbox360 this month and get some money to afford that second ticket. And sell a bunch of Merch at Pulsewave.

lolusa

I like cali
I'd be interested.

Matthew Joseph Payne

fuck yeah, botha y'all

Wizwars: When Awkward Terrible was here, they SOLD OUT of merch. smile

portland

Hey... Would I be able to sell GB's and circuit bent stuff? Because then I would love to come down.

... for more info on mods check www.greightbit.com or email me directly at   atekus (at) gmail

Matthew Joseph Payne

That's a great question and one I've been battling with. I'm probably going to give an open workshop on basic gameboy mods, and there's a chance that we may be selling parts - but there's a weird vendor thing that requires a $100 fee, so I'm not sure how that works. Since this is a Maker Faire, they're more interested in helping people do their own modifications, so if we're going to sell stuff it probably needs to fit in with that. Selling completed modifications would be something they'd be more likely to put in the marketplace area, which is a totally different part of the event.

My ideal is to have a soldering table where we can help people do their own mods on their own gameboys that they bring, and sell parts. I'm not yet sure how this works, but if something like that fits into what you'd be down to do, we'd love to have you.

portland

Awesome! Yeah, I figured more on selling the circuit bent stuff so I wouldn't be stepping on any toes and whatnot. I would also be able to help with the workshops and would also be able to pay some of the seller fees but if its a different section I can see if anyone else I know has a table already. I really am trying to come down and play too so if I can swing it I will. Email me later and we can get some more deets down. Later and thanks!

Matthew Joseph Payne

Awesome - I'm talking to kitsch about providing parts for workshops and such. I'll keep you informed! It would be great to have another modder to work the tables!

It would also be great to be able to split the fee (I think it's just $100) between multiple people, we'd make it back quick.

Matthew Joseph Payne

THIS IS REALLY MOVING FORWARD NOW
I'm going to start sending emails out - so far I have confirmed interest from

WDUWSTS
A_Rival
Starpause
Wizwars
Space Town Savior
Greightbit
The Glowing Stars
noiseman sound insect

I'm talking with others, but I'd still love to hear from more people.

The other good news here is that we will have a dedicated stage, which I will be booking myself, with a visuals setup and everything!
We'll also be doing workshops, hands-on demos of chip gear, and hands-on modding demos. Should be an awesome time, and a fantastic outreach opportunity for the chip community. I'm very excited!

Last edited by kineticturtle (Oct 1, 2011 9:14 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

Oh and ovenrake! Get in touch with me if you really wanna come out!