I have a PAL NES and a midiNES 1.1.0
The cart works fine on my PAL NES after modifying the lockout chip, but I'm left with a midiNES out of tune sad

On the midiBOX forum someone had "fixed" this by installing a LTC1799 pitch mod.
I have done that now, and can tune the middle C correct, but I'm still not sure that this will work perfect over the scale and over time.

My theory is that it is not enough to just get the frequency right, since there also is a cycle difference.

Does someone have some experience on this? or some more insight on the problem?

I have searched here and other places about this, and know it is taken care of in the new midiNES version 1.1.1

cheers

sweden

Buy a NTSC NES? Thats what I did.

England
eptheca wrote:

On the midiBOX forum someone had "fixed" this by installing a LTC1799 pitch mod.
I have done that now, and can tune the middle C correct, but I'm still not sure that this will work perfect over the scale and over time.

You needn't worry about it not scaling the pitch correctly. As long as you can tune to a base frequency, then everything else will come out in tune. Note though, that non-pitched sounds (typically noise channel) will be shifted as well.

Provided you use something like a precision cermet trimmer pot to set the LTC, then it should hold the pitch fine once set.

eptheca wrote:

Does someone have some experience on this? or some more insight on the problem?

I haven't actually done what I've described here, but the theory stands.

nordloef wrote:

Buy a NTSC NES? Thats what I did.

where did you get yours from?
I'm in Oslo Norway, you're in Sweden right?

sweden

I bought mine on tradera, if you're familiar with it? ( Like swedish ebay )

I was able to buy a NTSC pcb
so now it should all be in tune soon  smile

Praha, Czech republic

Try pressing the left or right button on controller #1 when midines is running...
I've got midines 1.1.1, so I have no idea if this works with 1.1.0

But yeah, I bought a NTSC NES, so I don't have this problem anymore :]