UK

I recently found an ac adapter that fits the ac in of a DMG-01, and I need to know if its safe to use it.

9v~ 300mA 2.7VA output

Last edited by Harsiel Leisrah (Oct 6, 2011 12:26 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

Voltage too high - DMG wants 6v.

UK

thanks for the reply, i'll have another look around to see if i can find a lower voltage one

UK

i found a 5.7v one, but it wont turn on with it

England

I wouldnt really bother, the amount of hum you get when using an AC adapter is just silly.

UK

oh the hum is normal then, i was wondering if that was safe or not tongue

Sweeeeeeden

This was recently posted on that other site, 8bit something, by Jazzmarazz. You need the right polarity. It needs to be DC, not AC. Other than, the voltage can be in the 5-7 volts. However, I'd just ditch the idea and use rechargeable batteries.

UK
nitro2k01 wrote:

This was recently posted on that other site, 8bit something, by Jazzmarazz. You need the right polarity. It needs to be DC, not AC. Other than, the voltage can be in the 5-7 volts. However, I'd just ditch the idea and use rechargeable batteries.

I might just have to do that, thanks anyway

Matthew Joseph Payne

Eneloops are fantastic. Not sure how easy they are to get in the UK, so that may not be helpful.

Jellica wrote:

I wouldnt really bother, the amount of hum you get when using an AC adapter is just silly.

The hum varies between AC adapters. Some have next to none.

I made a 3 in one adapter the other day, and it has no hum. Not entirely sure if it's the amperage or the voltage. But if I use a DMG-03, there is an absurd amount of hum from the speaker.

Sydney, NSW

My AC adapter (which was built using Jazz's idea) works fine. It's a 6v and it has no hum besides a bit of "hello i am switched on" hum, which is still very quiet.

UK

well my 9v made some buzz when I tried it, but i don't think I'll risk frying it.

Bratislava, Slovakia

i purchased this adapter, it works without any problems, and after Pro Sound Mod signal is crystal clear without any noises or ghosts, i just switched to 6 Volts and negative polarity

http://en.shop.emos.cz/zbozi/1703225020 … -mw3ip25gs

Last edited by martin_demsky (Oct 12, 2011 5:04 pm)

Sydney, NSW
Harsiel Leisrah wrote:

well my 9v made some buzz when I tried it, but i don't think I'll risk frying it.

Oooh, yeah, I'd steer away from anything over 7V.
I slammed a 5V power supply into my Pocket (which I think has a 3V tolerance) and it's fried :'(