Scrap this idea.

Last edited by Apeshit (Oct 13, 2011 12:18 am)

Unsubscribe

Yea but this isnt a sellers forum? Its kinda hacked on in there.

rochester, ny

i think that if someone sells you a gameboy and doesn't mention that it has a bad lcd, missing screws, and bad battery contacts, then that is the perfect time to give them a -1.

Unsubscribe

Yea, that too.

herr_prof wrote:

Yea but this isnt a sellers forum? Its kinda hacked on in there.

This is true. Nintendoage isn't a forum devoted to selling either, but they have a profile feedback system.  Albeit, NA has more focus on selling and buying than chipmusic.org however.

It could be more subtle than having it displayed directly on the profile. Say for example, an additional tab under "PM" and "EMAIL" etc, have a "feedback" tab.

But maybe it's not worth the effort for the minority that do a lot of selling and buying here. It's just a thought, though. Again, maybe I'm alone on this? Do others like the plus/minus system?

nickmaynard wrote:

i think that if someone sells you a gameboy and doesn't mention that it has a bad lcd, missing screws, and bad battery contacts, then that is the perfect time to give them a -1.

Perhaps, but it was cheap. So I'm conflicted. Wasn't really a bad deal since I got some parts out of it.

Matthew Joseph Payne
Apeshit wrote:

Perhaps, but it was cheap. So I'm conflicted. Wasn't really a bad deal since I got some parts out of it.

That works for you or I, but if someone had tried to buy that thing hoping to make it their main gameboy, it would have been a big issue - and isn't that what feedback is for, to warn other people?

Los Angeles
Apeshit wrote:

(Somewhat) hypothetical example: I buy a DMG. It has a bad LCD, half of the screws missing, and bad battery contacts. I'm neither happy nor am I outraged. Can't really leave +1 or -1.  So the seller gets away with not mentioning the issues in the listing, and may continue to do so for future sales.

You dont have to leave a +1 or a -1, if the seller requests you to leave positive feedback, tell him why you are not. and if you have further issues with the item that was purchased you should contact the seller anyway.
This isn't ebay.

Sweeeeeeden

Well, as far as I know, there has only ever been one minus vote, even though it's not mentioned in the master list. The idea is that if it ever happens (again), there should be a description why the trader received negative feedback, so people can read it and make up their own mind.

IL, US

feedback? i guess i could care about this since ive sold plenty through this site and am a staff member, but meh....

nitro2k01 wrote:

Well, as far as I know, there has only ever been one minus vote, even though it's not mentioned in the master list. The idea is that if it ever happens (again), there should be a description why the trader received negative feedback, so people can read it and make up their own mind.

This seems logical to me.

I thought a new system would make it easier on staff. Seeing as the list has to be manually updated.

matt's mind

i think its been updated twice.  its sort of a 'thing we needed to have' rather than a 'thing we should have'.  if we didn't, feedback would show up in the most random places probably.  no, assuredly.  same reason there is a 'general discussion' section.  its an expectation in some ways.

the +/- system was suggested by thretris based off some other forum he was familiar with.  with which he was familiar, i mean wink 

there was some sort of logic to it, but i don't remember what it was fully.  i think it was a means to avoid the effect a zealous individual can have on feedback.  this can go in a good way, with way too much praise.  or the other, with an overdoing of the criticism.  +/- 1 avoided this altogether.

maybe a trinary approach, like -1, X, and +1, or something that would represent neutral or a third path.  so, if your transaction was just 'eh' you can have voice.

although, the effect is the absolute same.  saying nothing and voting neutral would calculate the same in the first post which is what i guess people check out most.  the difference is the satisfaction of saying it, i suppose...

i dunno.  a third option would make sense in that respect, but it'd just be more work.  which we don't do anyways really...

problem with many binary systems: the 'positive' is a clear choice, the 'negative' is often representative of a myriad of alternatives