Psydney, Australia
akira^8GB wrote:

I wish I could fucking cutomize PT2.3d, I downloaded that PTPrefs software and I couldn't do shit with teh files! Do you have any clues about this, Ilkke?

I had no idea this program existed! Coudln't find a working DL link. Can you point me to one, and I'll check it out.

New York City

http://aminet.net/package/mus/edit/pt_prefs

If you get it to work, please let me know how.

Psydney, Australia
akira^8GB wrote:

It seems that the program will not save/load/use offsets that are necessary for operation. I tried typing them in and then clicking USE, but when I open the settings again, they are reset to 0. Same if I SAVE and then try to LOAD. Crappy.

Perhaps it works on a4000/040. We should be able to test it in WinUAE.

edit: Tried with 68040 and it does not work. I have no idea if a4000 uses a different kickstart or something that might make a difference.

Last edited by iLKke (Nov 20, 2010 3:37 pm)

Psydney, Australia
akira^8GB wrote:

OK I got it to work. \o/

First, save the prefs from pt-prefs. The offsests will all be 0. Now go to [systemHD]\Prefs\Env-Archive\ and edit the offsets in a text editor to the correct ones for your target PT version. Now load up pt-prefs again and you will be able to rip/inject graphics into protracker!

Don't get too excited tho. You can 'only' change what is seen when the program loads up. All the sub-menus and vu-meters stay the way they are.

Good luck!

New York City

How do you know what the offsets are for your version? I have PT2.3d

Psydney, Australia

There's a .guide file in pt-prefs folder with all the offsets.

New York City

i hate .guide format tongue I guess I'll bite, thanks !: D

Psydney, Australia

You can read it as plain text and still get the info you need.

New York City

Fuck yes, I ripped the screen, now it's time to get busy big_smile

Psydney, Australia
akira^8GB wrote:

Fuck yes, I ripped the screen, now it's time to get busy big_smile

I suggest you do a quick test to see exactly what gets replaced and what does not!

Chicago IL

DONT DO IT AKIRA, FULL STEAM AHEAD

New York City

xD
iLKke, I think I can figure out hat gets replaced, in any case, it's be pretty custom and I like that big_smile
Question: Did you use a 4 color only screen or could you use more?

New York City
iLKke wrote:

It seems that the program will not save/load/use offsets that are necessary for operation. I tried typing them in and then clicking USE, but when I open the settings again, they are reset to 0. Same if I SAVE and then try to LOAD. Crappy.

I realized you might have committed a common mistake that we all do nowadays, because it worked just fine for me without editing the file.
After you enter the value, you MUST press enter. If you press TAB, thr value is not stored.

I DID have to restart PTPrefs for it to take the values but it worked fine without editing the prefs file.

Psydney, Australia

Nah, I tried everything and the values did not get stored.
And yes, I think you gotta use 4 colors. Be free to experiment, because you can get some nifty effects once you see how the bit-planes combine and what colors you get as a result.

New York City

Worked fine here with the values, seriously.
Bitplanes combining.. Hmm... I gotta check this out, next weekend, because this one i am on business trip sad

Psydney, Australia

Bump!

Akira, did you end up making anything interesting? I kinda got pissed that you can only change the 'mask' and then parts of it get restored to default as soon as you click them.

Also, kinda off-topic, I can't find a thread on the windows protracker rewrite by 8bitbubsy.
It's actually gotten into a stage where you can load, edit and save music with it!

Last edited by iLKke (Oct 26, 2011 10:02 am)