Anyone else using an iOS device for music production? I've been using an a M Audio Midi keyboard and a iPod Touch. Just bought SampleTank for iPhone and was blown away! I ordered the iRig Midi too for 48 more sounds too! Can't wait to use this live!

How are you using your iPhone or iPod for music?

I can't think of any music app that's worth anything other than the obvious Nanoloop. If you don't own a laptop some apps are okay for live performance if you want some simple sounds to play. At that point I would just get a simple Casio keyboard though.

México, DF.

I bought Nanoloop for Android some time ago and thought of use it live, but it's NL it's just not my thing.

Matthew Joseph Payne

http://docpop.bandcamp.com/

Sweeeeeeden

Speaking of this topic, I just saw this: http://moogmusic.com/products/apps/animoog
I don't have an iPad, but for 99 cents it seems like a no-brainer.

At blip tokyo I used DJ Sampler app for sirens, vocal bits n bobs.. life saver smile

BOSTON

the animoog is pretty amazing for .99. they want to charge $30 for it eventually which IMHO is way too much for its current functionality, which dosnt support coreMIDI, background playing or Sync. so yeah... def get it now.

also... when the heck is johan going to make an amazing performance tracker synth for IOS?? its BADLY needed. hell, even just a beefed up touchscreen LSDJ for iOS would be absofucking incredible

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Oct 28, 2011 4:09 am)

vancouver, canada
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

also... when the heck is johan going to make an amazing performance tracker synth for IOS?? its BADLY needed. hell, even just a beefed up touchscreen LSDJ for iOS would be absofucking incredible

from my experience, running LSDJ on a touchscreen-only interface is infuriating.

i loaded up LSDJ on a GB emulator for my android phone, and it was physically hard to navigate through the interface. You can do it, but you find that the tactile feedback of physical buttons proves to be pretty damn necessary - otherwise, entering notes decisively and chording of button presses is very hard to do.

for LSDJ to run well on iOS/Android/WP7/whatever, the interface needs to be rethought from the ground up, probably by making more extensive use gestures or physical buttons where available.

Sydney, NSW
bryface wrote:

for LSDJ to run well on iOS/Android/WP7/whatever, the interface needs to be rethought from the ground up, probably by making more extensive use gestures or physical buttons where available.

This is pretty much a given, I think.

Just imagine, swiping between LSDJ screens and entering notes with a little pop-up keyboard.

A single tear just rolled down my cheek

Whitley Bay, England

I've got the Akai SynthStation 25 controller, which is pretty fun to use.
There's a chip tracker called Sinusoid which you can use with it, and that's pretty sweet! Never made a full song on it but it's fun to mess around with

Bratislava, Slovakia

I use iP 3GS second year, i have almost all music apps, but i am most-productive in NanoStudio, FL Studio Mobile is nowhere near in terms of flexibility. iVox is good-sounding realtime vocoder from creators of VirSyn, RjDj/Trippy Replay has got some nice DSP algorithms for realtime processing incoming internal-mic sound. I most like DSP module Eargasm, you can produce endless ambient with it.

Moog's Filtatron offer very solid filter (you can control it with ENV/LFO), delay (also tapped to tempo) and amp (with feedback). Signal path is very rich and clean, i have no problems to create 100 MB wavs, really great.

Nanoloop is nice app, but up to now i created only one sequence with all parts. I found it somewhat limited, although i tried many things during play.

BOSTON
Chainsaw Police wrote:
bryface wrote:

This is pretty much a given, I think.

Just imagine, swiping between LSDJ screens and entering notes with a little pop-up keyboard.

A single tear just rolled down my cheek

This is exactly what im thinking. There is no iOS performance sequencer yet, and barring an ableton port, a modern update of lsdj would be so amazing. The fundementals are already there, and imagine using lsdj with an updated synthesis engine, effects and 16 gigs of sample space? yikes

BK

i think a piggy tracker port for iOS would be amazing too, especially if it supported sampling via the built-in mic or an iRig or something.

Right now the one tracker I'm aware of that works on iOS is SunVox, but that's very difficult to use on an iPod/iPhone size screen and works far better on an iPad.

Anyone tried that sun tracker thing ?

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sunvox/id324462544?mt=8

from the screen grabs and feature list looks pretty good

Bratislava, Slovakia

I have SunVox almost two years, it is *really* good tracker, like Buzz, but i composed only 3 or 4 tiny tunes in it. Touchscreen without buttons is really somewhat slow to do anything bigger. In NanoStudio you can easily compose even 7 minute song within 2 days.

Whitley Bay, England

http://www.appolicious.com/music/apps/5 … erik-sigth

That's the tracker I was talking about