Matthew Joseph Payne
denshi wrote:

i simply need help to fund the PCB run and parts supply.

Ahh, that answers my question. The way that your kickstarter "rewards" are laid out don't make it seem that way - they make it seems like your'e already totally capable monetarily of building these things, and you just want to sell them only if you can sell a certain number. Glad to hear that's not the case. Thanks and best of luck with the whole thing! smile

México, DF.

The idea is cool, but I'd never sacrifice the battery comp, not to say there are a lot of envelope filters for bass and geetar, and if you run your rig through a laptop you can easily add filters on a DAW. But that's my opinion, there are a lot of guys who'll find it usable.

Last edited by eme7h (Oct 29, 2011 8:40 pm)

Bratislava, Slovakia

I LOVE analog filters, but this idea surprised me. Why not to release it as external unit? Of course with envelope follower, it can address much wider audience.

herr_prof wrote:

thread recap: when people who install backlights meets dudes who design actual hardware, hyjinx ensue.

Ive known of Seth and his work for almost ten years, and I have to say Im really surprised how people are reacting to this thing here. He's cool, the idea is cool, and I wish him the best of luck..

That's quite belittling. The only negative reaction to the mod is that it's housed in the battery compartment and not offered as a DIY kit.

Last edited by Apeshit (Oct 29, 2011 10:21 pm)

rochester, ny

i love how this thing sounds. i could definitely see a lot of cool uses for it.

my only possible issue would be with how much noise i've noticed gets added to my signal when i use an AC adapter.

also, does this make you gameboy not stereo anymore?

Wheeling, WV

There's a switch that modifies either both channels or only one, thus, it has to still be stereo.

Last edited by hotmessization (Oct 30, 2011 8:03 am)

Unsubscribe

That's quite belittling.

Misson accomplished.

Gosford, Australia
herr_prof wrote:

That's quite belittling.

Misson accomplished.

Last edited by Victory Road (Oct 30, 2011 3:04 pm)

rochester, ny
hotmessization wrote:

There's a switch that modifies either both channels or only one, thus, it has to still be stereo.

but when it's modifying both, it says "mono" on the screen.

Updated the Kickstarter with a bare bones option.  I realize the pricing on this might still seem high to the average DIY builder, but that was the best we could do with the amount of work/time/resources (not to mention Kickstarter's 10% cut) that went into this project.  I wanted to at least float the option out there for anyone on the fence. 
Thanks!
Seth

Unsubscribe

Great option.. do you still get a tshirt at the higher levels ?:D

oklahoma city, oklahoma

im interested in sending in a dmg to get the filters put in. can you send me an email [email protected]

Unsubscribe

There are being sold assembled now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gameboy-Analog- … 41612e1424

Fargo

I don't know.  That's awful steep.

Sweeeeeeden

It is indeed a bit steep. But I think they're trying to cover their costs/collect money for making a new batch after the Kickstarter failed.

Turku, FIN

i wan't!