BOSTON

recently, ive had 2 separate DMG deaths occur onstage at big shows. and while it is certainly fun for the audience to see me curse, sweat, and talk about ZOMG GAMEBOY FROM 1990, I'd like to make this less of a regular thing. so, I am looking to have 2 dmgs fashioned in the most bulletproof manner available. ok, not really bulletproof, just very well soldered and expertly turned out.

here is what I require:

Play it loud series
very bright backlight, preferably tri-force
external pro sound
some zazz
perfection

PM me with quotes or pix or recommendations!

Sweeeeeeden

NeX, NeX, NeX

BOSTON

^ i am thinking so, but want to check out teh competition

PDX

ASM, ASM, ASM, ASM, ASM.

buffalo, NY
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

recently, ive had 2 separate DMG deaths occur onstage at big shows. and while it is certainly fun for the audience to see me curse, sweat, and talk about ZOMG GAMEBOY FROM 1990, I'd like to make this less of a regular thing. so, I am looking to have 2 dmgs fashioned in the most bulletproof manner available. ok, not really bulletproof, just very well soldered and expertly turned out.

hah I've been going through the same thing!  I just won this on ebay from apeshit because my own soddering is a fucking hackjob

BOSTON

that looks VERY sexy

Abandoned on Fire

I can recommend ASM.  I don't have a GB by him but I do have a underclock kit and a lsdj keyboard adapter for SP that he made and they are both classy products.

danimal cannon wrote:

hah I've been going through the same thing!  I just won this on ebay from apeshit because my own soddering is a fucking hackjob

side note ---> I like the idea of having the screen border painted, like in that photo. I don't really like the design itself, but i mean to each his own, but I really like the idea, nice. big_smile

sweden

Its not painted. Its a third party screen cover afaik.

Thanks for all the references and compliments, guys.

I have a large stock of triforce/ledx3 backlights because I'm co-creator of them. I also use my PCB Mount Pro Sound kit instead of panel mount pro sound.

My gmail is apeshitmods if you want to see more of my past work.

I guess I should probably add my website URL as well: http://asmelectronics.org

Last edited by Apeshit (Nov 11, 2011 8:37 pm)

rochester, ny

i've bought a gameboy (backlight, rca pro sound, and pitch knob) from justinthursday before and it's great.

Matthew Joseph Payne

I've seen great work by all of the suggested folks, but I can personally vouch that Apeshit is an upstanding gentleman and businessman, and is absolutely OBSESSED with the quality and cleanliness of his mods.

clovis CA
kineticturtle wrote:

I've seen great work by all of the suggested folks, but I can personally vouch that Apeshit is an upstanding gentleman and businessman, and is absolutely OBSESSED with the quality and cleanliness of his mods.

is that greenboy still treating you well?

Matthew Joseph Payne
Alley Beach wrote:

is that greenboy still treating you well?

Short answer: yes. smile

Long answer:

The innards have all stayed together but now it's in a green dyed case, and the whole thing is for sale, haha.
Nothing is sacred on my workbench. wink

Wheeling, WV

Were the original two modded by somebody? It's useful to know before I give my giant open letter/rant to a good amount of modders.

BOSTON

yep, both of these were bought "new" from top modders. and honestly, ive gone through about 6 modded gameboys over the past 2 years.. but most have the dignity of dying OFFSTAGE. i mean, i know that given the nature of the product, and how often i use them, there is going to be some turnover.