Gosford, Australia
tempsoundsolutions wrote:
Victory Road wrote:

ebay not good enough for you? You're cool!

you're missing the point. but im not going to even get into it with an ebay fanboy.

:V

lost my shit when i read "ebay fanboy", that's fantastic!

Wheeling, WV

Stock Game Boys aren't that hard to find. If they weren't around, there'd be nothing to mod. So, logic dictates that as long as there are modders, there are stock Game Boys.

Sweeeeeeden

There were over 100 million units sold (including pocket/color) so a few modders won't even put a dent in the supply, even if there were half a million modded units. But you could still be in a position where units available on the open market are becoming more scarce, so that prices are going up. I.e., that the easy to find, cheap sales are running out. (This is hypothetical. I don't have much insight in how the market looks.)

Matthew Joseph Payne

The internet market is wildly fluctuant (is that a word? I like it) but mostly too expensive. Local purchases are the way to go - flea markets where people don't value these items the same way as we do. As usual. There's always a dude at my local flea with a huge pile of NES and GB consoles, usually working. Always cheap.

There's a tiny flea market on Sundays on the grounds at my work - I check it out whenever I'm around. A month back I got a grey gameboy in nearly perfect shape for $2 - she thought it didn't work but of course the contrast was set wrong. She was working hard trying to sell me a PSP1000 for like $90.

Cleveland, OH

I may be a little bit late on this but https:/thursdaycustoms.com

May be the lowest prices around. In the off chance something goes wrong, I guarantee my work and will fix/replace anything that goes wrong with it. No charge.
You were paying $100 per boy? I hope they had several mods.
I also do bulk deals. I charge $65 for a grey boy with a backlight and pro-sound. I actually charge even less for internal pro-sound rather than an added jack.

[email protected] if you would like to talk.

Last edited by thursdaycustoms (Nov 18, 2011 12:11 am)

Gosford, Australia

Also sorry for being a bit of an asshole itt, I have a tendency to bite back with sarcasm but no hard feelings bros smile I mentioned Ebay just as an example; there's literally millions of gameboys everywhere and where you get them really doesn't matter in the end!

One thing that (I'd imagine) some modders do that most people don't: own a shitload of units. And then there's the ebay crowd, hoarding away NES controllers in their attic as an "investment". But all in all there's still a lot to go around smile

Wheeling, WV

Also, I'd be more than happy to repair the six that crapped on you that are already modded. I'd do it super cheap since I wouldn't have to buy any parts.

Brooklyn NY US

Initially misread the above as:

hotmessization wrote:

I'd do it super cheap since I wouldn't have to buy any pants.

A+++++ would misread again