Tacoma WA

Main features

KAOSS X-Y touchpad offers intuitive, realtime control
200 sounds covering modern synth sounds such as lead and bass, and diverse acoustic sounds from piano to trumpet and beyond
PCM samples provide dramatic drum kits and ready to rock percussion patterns
Vocoder programs deliver scintillating vocal effects
Access up to eight of your favorite sounds instantly using the assignable Program Memory buttons
Loop Recording can layer both internal Program sounds and external audio overdubs
Four Loop Record Banks each allow up to four measures of loop recording, with easy muting that allows expressive realtime layering and DJ-Style re-mixing –ideal for live performance.
Gate Arpeggiator repeatedly triggers sounds in sync with the tempo. The slider controls either the gate time or gate speed.
Choose a key and select one of 31 musical scales to easily create musical phrases. Limit the X-Y pad's note range for even more control
Loop data, user settings and Program Memories can be stored on SD card
Dedicated software lets you manage loop data, MIDI assignments, and user settings from your computer
Performs double-duty as a MIDI controller for external equipment or software application

pretty on the fence about this thing.  a kp4 would have been great but this.  meehhh

CDM Article

Korg Website with specs

New York City

Am I the only one TIRED of Korg's awful "it sounds like too digital" synths?
The original Electribe line was OK, but everything after that just sounds the same as those or worse, specially the effects.

Unsubscribe

Fucking korg romplers... Might be nice as a midi controller though.. and vocoder!

NorthTtrrrway

the pads can do a good job if you are modest in how you use them...

akira^8GB wrote:

Am I the only one TIRED of Korg's awful "it sounds like too digital" synths?
The original Electribe line was OK, but everything after that just sounds the same as those or worse, specially the effects.

Newcastle, UK

It looks better than the original, actually usable this time, and its got a few neat little things that sound interesting but don't warrant the presumably out of my range price tag.

The last thing Korg did that impressed me was the Nano series, and the Electribes were pretty good but I've only got to play with the MX..

Korg gear does nearly always look good, and I really like the colour scheme on this.

Last edited by tehforsterer (Jan 15, 2010 1:52 am)

paris, france

*DAMN*

I bought a kaossilator last week sad

Milan, Italy

lol.. i've seen this and i've thought it was a very well made FAKE video.
...just a led-modded KP3.

San Francisco

These things are pretty great. While yes, some of its sounds can be pretty cookie-cutter synth standards, the looping, vocoder, and arp gate abilities are pretty handy and fun to mess around with.

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

i actually looked extensively into one of these or a kp3, granted i decided on neither until a later date and time.  I had ultimately decided that the kp3 would be more useful hooked up to my aux send bus, would be a great live multi fx unit.  The k pro ended up being more what i wanted from the kp3, ive played with both of them, and although stand alone the k pro is a fun solo machine, it doesnt have the team player spirit the kp3 does.