Tokyo, Japan

I would very much like a little field in the music upload section for people to add the hardware/software that they used for the tune in question if its not to much trouble?

Dublin, Ireland

Something tag-like, so it's searchable by standardized spelling or categories?

Bronx, NY

A really nice idea. Personally, I'd prefer it be a specific little field as Lazerbeat suggested, rather than tag-like.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Lazerbeat!!! smile Welcome!!

Thanks for the request! the upload system is under heavy development and every suggestion and request will be taken into consideration.

I think a tag system would be great for hardware/emulation filtering if peeps are looking for specific hardware based tunes... smile So who know's what will end up happening in the end!

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Agreed.

Tokyo, Japan

Thanks alot, it would be awesome to be able to click on "opl3" or "NL2.3" and bring up all the tunes with that hardware. I will give a bit of a thought to a list of things over the weekend.

Dublin, Ireland

The advantage in having standard tags would be that variations in spelling/spacing/punctuation could be eliminated. Perhaps some kind of checkbox system for uploading? hmm

Brisbane, Australia, Earth

i like this idea alot

FERNDALE, MI, USA
iNFOTOXIN wrote:

The advantage in having standard tags would be that variations in spelling/spacing/punctuation could be eliminated. Perhaps some kind of checkbox system for uploading? hmm

this sounds like the way to go in my opinion. and maybe if the item you used isn't already one of the standard within the check boxes there could be a write in catagory that would be sent to the admins to deem worthy. sorry that was one long run on sentence, hope it made sense. hmm

Tokyo, Japan

I like the idea of tags, could be a long long list though.

Dublin, Ireland

Well, an 'other' option is always good, inevitably people are going to work with new and unexpected machines.
And there would have to be a large number of these tags, obviously deserving a great deal of thought.

Los Angeles

Tagging was the idea i passed to staff at another site a year or so ago, we agreed that we should do it here for sure. wink

IL, US

im all for this, sounds nice

Unsubscribe

Lets just hope people dont get TOO obsessed on it big_smile.

astral cat

it would sure as hell mean no ugly brackets everywhere like on 8bc tongue

A gray world of dread

genre tags! genre tags!

I mean we have to run a drama-test here sooner or later to get this out of beta. tongue