This is an open invitation to anyone who does pixel art to get a little exposure by designing a banner for my blog at megabeep.wordpress.com -- I can't pay you, but the blog is starting to develop a nice little readership, and you'll get some good exposure. Chainsaw Police offered to do it, but I haven't heard from him (still interested if you're reading this!)

All I ask is that you try to match the clean simple look of the blog theme. Other than that, have fun with it!

Would be very much appreciated!

Last edited by megabeep (Nov 28, 2011 4:38 am)

Wellington, New Zealand

what colors?

The theme uses just black, white and a teal close to the "whose online" list over on the right of this page. Any colors you think would compliment that scheme are welcome. Got somethin brewin?

Wellington, New Zealand

I'll do something tomorrow. What dimensions do you want? (how many pixels x how many pixels)

The banner upload page says "Images of exactly 800 × 140 pixels will be used as-is" so I guess 800 x 140. Thanks so much for helping me out, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Last edited by megabeep (Nov 28, 2011 7:06 am)

Sydney, NSW

I'll give you my design in a second. Just let me locate it in this mess of a harddrive

Here's what my header looks like right now with no banner: MEGABEEP   sad

Wellington, New Zealand

fuck I dunno It looks terrible

Wellington, New Zealand

oh its megabeep oh well

Apricorn: to the contrary, I like it! Does need to be MegaBEEP though. Also, just a thought, all the titles in the theme are all caps, would it be easy to do it all caps? I really appreciate it!

i think you'd like it a lot better against the correct background, the colors here at this site don't match

i realize beggars can't be choosers, so don't go to any trouble. i really appreciate that you took the time.

Last edited by megabeep (Nov 28, 2011 7:29 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

Here's my contribution (couldn't decide how to "center" it):

egr: DUDE, that's perfect. Perfectly matches the color scheme, captures the 8 bit vibe and the simple clean presentation. I uploaded it and it looks AWESOME.  I'm gonna credit you in my About page, what info would you like to appear? I'll link to a website or whatever you want. Thanks so much for this!

Apricorn and Chainsaw Police: I will no doubt need graphics soon for special features, and site make-overs in the future so if you worked something up, I would still really appreciate your contributions! Thanks to you all for your generous help!

check the sweet new banner all: megabeep.wordpress.com