Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
ant1 wrote:

but the synth sounds are surely going to be more unique and special. smile

'
Simple matter of opinion wink

New York City
arfink wrote:

(And, not to get snippy on you akira^8GB, but a synth simply means that it's producing the sounds. I find it ironic that you don't like samples but still want to see the synthesis capabilities of the Esoniq.)

I never ever saoid I don't like sampling, I just said I would be interested in this computer's wavetable synthesis chip! That is very different to what the SNES does (that one i am not interested in smile)

As said, wavetable synthesis is different to sample manipulation.

Milwaukee, WI

Arfink - Do you have the details on the MIDI implementation in Noisetracker?  MIDI sync would open up a world of possibilities!

Minneapolis

Umm, I don't think NTGS has midi, actually. The whole concept of Midi sync isn't that old anyways, since usually Midi was used for transmitting note and instrument data and not sync data.

Milwaukee, WI

Whoops!  My bad, I was thinking of Soundsmith!  tongue  Also an Apple IIGS Laptop that looks like it will eventually be for sale!

http://www.a2gs.com/

Probably prohibitively expensive though.

Minneapolis

Build your own...

Rice Lake, WI

not my cup of tea per say, but i'm very interested in what happens with this, Apple IIGS's regularly show up at are thrift stores here and I wouldn't mind having excuse to pick one up smile

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
albino ghost monkey wrote:

not my cup of tea per say, but i'm very interested in what happens with this, Apple IIGS's regularly show up at are thrift stores here and I wouldn't mind having excuse to pick one up smile

If they're cheap, pick'em up i'll buy them from ya :-D

Milwaukee, WI

I've never seen a IIGS in a WI thrift store!  Lucky duck.  I think I'll write up a list of vendors for IIGS hardware soon too.

low-gain wrote:
albino ghost monkey wrote:

If they're cheap, pick'em up i'll buy them from ya :-D

Or, you know, just make a quick detour to NYC on your way home from the thrift store. wink
You could be like Johnny AppleIIGSeed, distributing Apple IIs around the land. Folk hero status.

Minneapolis

Hey, let us know when you have that gigantic batch of information posted up on your site Low-Gain. *nudge*

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
arfink wrote:

Hey, let us know when you have that gigantic batch of information posted up on your site Low-Gain. *nudge*

i've been busy! lol
hopefully wednesday.. I want to get together with  you though so we can go through it together.
so give me a ring sometime this week and we can plan a geek out session. bring your monitor over and we'll
start playing with cap values, etc.  :-D

Minneapolis

I'll need to check my schedule. Probably not a problem for this weekend, but I need to make absolutely sure first.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
arfink wrote:

I'll need to check my schedule. Probably not a problem for this weekend, but I need to make absolutely sure first.

Sounds good!  I might have to make a trip to La Crosse this weekend to pick up a Space Invaders Deluxe arcade machine. smile If you're up for a  road trip you're more than welcome to come along, think there will be room. haha

Philadelphia, PA

http://www.buchty.net/ensoniq/5503.html

32 wavetable channels capable of playing up to 16kB samples.  That's something.  Also the Ensoniq "DOC" was made by the same guy who made the SID.  Enticing!

New York, New York

I am tremendously interested in this project. I let my Apple IIGS out of my life so I was happy to let one be mine two weeks ago. They need an Apple color monitor, floppy drive, keyboard, and mouse. I want to exploit the wavetable synthesizer, and DIY using an alternative flatscreen or projector.