I've just received samples of some new screen covers I've had designed.

I'm going to have four different colors produced, and am currently taking suggestions:

Black
Purple - To match text on black and clear DMGs or buttons on grey DMGs
Dark blue - Matches text on grey DMGs
Grey - Matches shell color
Clear
White

I'm personally leaning towards grey, black, dark blue and clear.

If you have other color suggestions feel free to list them. I'm also doing one order of a more detailed screen cover, but it will be done separate from these.

Here's a couple photos:

Looks better with blue buttons:

Last edited by Apeshit (Dec 22, 2011 9:31 pm)

Gosford, Australia

I dunno, I think clear looks a little silly even on a clear gameboy..

White would look amaaaazing on a black or red gameboy imo. The other colours you suggested are good too!

Victory Road wrote:

I dunno, I think clear looks a little silly even on a clear gameboy..

White would look amaaaazing on a black or red gameboy imo. The other colours you suggested are good too!

Yeah, clear...Honestly I had no plans to do clear, but multiple people contacted me about clear screen covers, even before I showed any interest in having screen covers made.

I like it on the clearboy. It's definitely an odd change, and hard to adjust to because it looks like there's no screen cover on. It might look better with the text removed, or maybe on one of Kitsch's reproduction shells.

Thanks for your opinions!

Matthew Joseph Payne

How about dark grey to match PiL buttons?

Otherwise, clear, black, dark blue

Taichung, Taiwan

A friend of mine said he would really like white!

However I really enjoyed the acid wash colors that you had previously, though those are probably not very cost effective to make in small batches.

BOSTON

OH MAN

these are sexy

kineticturtle wrote:

How about dark grey to match PiL buttons?

Otherwise, clear, black, dark blue

Didn't consider that from some reason. Thanks Matt!

katsumbhong wrote:

A friend of mine said he would really like white!

However I really enjoyed the acid wash colors that you had previously, though those are probably not very cost effective to make in small batches.

I cooould make some like that. Those ones weren't made by me though. They were around in the 90's.

They're not high on the list though, not many people liked them. They're very extreme and don't match well with any DMGs really, unless you paint them...

But if there's enough demand, it's something to consider. I've got a couple other ideas as well, but these will be first.

BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

OH MAN

these are sexy

Thanks! I'll throw one in that custom DMG wink

Here's the clear DMG with removed text. Much better.

Black screen cover:

Purple:

Any roughness or scratches are just on the protective film on the front of them.

Godzilladelph

I'd love a white screen cova!

Here's a white one:

What do you think they would look good in? I'm not too sure about white either. White and Clear were both last minute decisions.

Matthew Joseph Payne

any screen cover would look good with matching buttons, I think. White included.

White would also look better I think on colored PiL shells, including but not limited to white.

Try white screen cover, white buttons on black case.

White looks really snazzy!

Milwaukee Area, WI

Can someone please rehost he pics on something like Imgur.com. They aren't loading for me for some reason. thanks!

Last edited by Moriokun (Dec 7, 2011 1:34 am)

Maybe it's because they're hosted on facebook? Do you need a facebook account to view them?

Here's the direct link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ASM-Elect … 5418880687

Last edited by Apeshit (Dec 7, 2011 1:35 am)

Milwaukee Area, WI

opened it in firefox, all I saw was the white and black.

I like the white one.

Austin, TX

Really into those black and white ones. Yes please.