Detroit, MI

If anyone is interested in talking about administrative ideas, please join our facebook group!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/301569349873728/

If you just want to see what happens, be a fan of our community page!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Piko-Piko … 4446554309

Brisbane

It'd be very cool to come home next year for a visit and have a show to go to!

Milwaukee Area, WI

If you put something together I'll the make the drive out! Would be super awesome if I could play as well.

Dublin, IN

YES! More midwest stuff that I probably won't make it to, but would love to try! Keep us updated.

Detroit, MI

Thanks all! Hopefully I find some local people to work with. Otherwise, we sure will look for artists in nearby states!

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

just keep sending me PM's to remind me ive been looking.  In my free time, ive been studying like crazy for finals and working until late.

Detroit, MI

Great! Good luck with work and school.
(btw, I visit Novi super often for work since there's a huge Japanese community in the area!)

I visited Lab Cafe in Ann Arbor and it was really fresh and great looking,
and they seem to be quite open to dj/electronic/live events.

If anybody knows anything about them let me know!

Here's their website: http://www.labannarbor.com/

I'll contact them to see what we can do there :-D

Michigan

the dreamland theatre in ypsilanti is usually a safe bet for shows, its a decent venue located downtown.

the the b side is also a great venue in downtown ann arbor that does all ages shows.

other places to look at would be the blind pig, the half ass (i dont know if they still do shows though), the metal frat, those are all located in ann arbor and surrounding area. you almost always get a good turn out if you advertise to students since u of m is right there.

noisewaves wrote:

the dreamland theatre in ypsilanti is usually a safe bet for shows, its a decent venue located downtown.

the the b side is also a great venue in downtown ann arbor that does all ages shows.

other places to look at would be the blind pig, the half ass (i dont know if they still do shows though), the metal frat, those are all located in ann arbor and surrounding area. you almost always get a good turn out if you advertise to students since u of m is right there.

This is true, the "far house" is also in ann arbor saw sascrotch there last febuary i want to say, it was a pretty cool place, you could probably find those fellas on facebook.

Detroit, MI

Thanks! I'll check these places out :-D

Let me know if any of you in the area are interested in gathering for meetings!

Also, I'm going to UDetroit tomorrow supporting snesei his first live chiptune performance.

Should be fun.

pikoboy wrote:

Also, I'm going to UDetroit tomorrow supporting snesei his first live chiptune performance.

Should be fun.

Damn it that would be fun to go to, finals this week and next ruin xmas fun.

Detroit, MI
DJCactus wrote:
pikoboy wrote:

Should be fun.

Damn it that would be fun to go to, finals this week and next ruin xmas fun.

Just got back from the event.

Mostly rock and motown stuff, and Snesei played during the 'after party/mix' later on.

It was great and we had some pretty good responses!

Here are some photos:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … fa5e03765d

Feel free to join our pages and groups for further discussion! @ ALL

Detroit, MI

I have talked to staff of Lab Cafe in Ann Arbor and they have very flexible options available for hosting events!

1. I will try to kick start weekly meetings for electronic/chiptune artists.
2. I will try to hold some dates for a ELECTRONIC/CHIPTUNE EVENT POSSIBLY IN JANUARY 2012!

CALLING OUT FOR ANYONE IN THE AREA THAT CAN PERFORM WITH US!
(Chiptune influenced DJs, Chiptune Artists, Chip/Electronic Visualists, and more!!!)

Thanks.

im down, shoot me a pm if your interested.

Milwaukee Area, WI

I'm off from classes until January 26th so anything before that would be great. During the school semester, I'm free on the weekends since I have Fridays off. My Aunt has a place in Detroit so lodging shouldn't be an issue. With winter break coming up, I'll have a month to work on set for the show.

I don't know about weekly shows, but a monthly or bi-monthly get together seems more doable, you don't wanna wear yourself out.

Venezuela

there are many ppl in detroit doing "chipmusic". But the best comunity that i can think of from Detroit is www.battleofthebits.org

Is have been dedicated to do big compos and promote the chipmusic/electronic and experimental music for about 6 years, maybe more. So you should take a look and try to see if you can contact them smile