GNV / FL / USA

NESFlix is a movie player for your Nintendo / NES, intended for VJ use.

In addition to just playing back movies, there are some effects to allow you to control it better in real time. You can swap between palettes, toggle color cycling, alter the playback speed, and toggle forward/reverse play. You can also choose to play the movie back in four-up mode or one corner of the screen. You can position the movie by scrolling the screen, too. All of these effects are shown in the YouTube video below.

To get your movie on the NES, you'll need to convert it to an animated GIF. From there, you can convert the frames to the CHR format used by the NES. Thankfully, Batsly Adams wrote a nice converter, which is included. The converter, and the NES ROM itself, will compile on Windows, OSX, and Linux. This marks my first released with an included compiler and shell script for non-Windows machines.

Grab it here: http://www.no-carrier.com/index.php?/nesflix/

Last edited by NO CARRIER (Dec 13, 2011 4:20 pm)

sweden

!!!

Baltimore, MD

EPIC!

NO CARRIER wrote:

... This marks my first released with an included compiler and shell script for non-Windows machines.

heart

Whitley Bay, England

Holy shit

BOSTON

Holy shit

Newcastle, Britian

Holy shit

matt's mind

the brady bunch squares were an awesome touch in the vid, right at the end

IL, US

Woo! Been waiting for a chance to finally mess with this. Perfect timing with some time off ahead

rochester, ny

wow.
this is huge.

Brooklyn, NY

Sorry guys, slight mistake in the readme file for the converter. Uncheck transparency when you export from photoshop, if you leave it on you'll only end up with 3 colors!

buffalo, NY

thats fucking awesome

Milwaukee, WI

Rad rad rad, I can definitely see myself using this.

Cleveland, OH

Awesome. Could make amazing visuals for shows.

WOW MAN!

Fuck me Don, that's outrageous. Absolutely outrageous!

Brilliant! big_smile

Melbourne, Australia

Game changer.