Thought I'd share these photos for reference.

There's a ribbon cable that feeds in under the back PCB and goes out the battery door leading to a header to plug into a video output device. So this DMG was from a store demo or something of the sort. The shell wasn't cut and the circuit board wasn't filed down, oddly enough.

matt's mind

its from the demo boy II system

México, DF.

That plus shitwave = awesome visuals.

Cleveland, OH

Wow. That's awesome. What kind of plug is that? Is it useable with common equipment?

justinthursday wrote:

Wow. That's awesome. What kind of plug is that? Is it useable with common equipment?

Nope, it's just a header. If I had the hardware for it, it would.

Pretty useless, but I thought it'd serve good for informational purposes. Very clean wiring.

I think nitro2k01 mentioned on his website something about the pads for the LCD data potentially being used for video output, and this confirms that.

Sweeeeeeden
Apeshit wrote:

I think nitro2k01 mentioned on his website something about the pads for the LCD data potentially being used for video output, and this confirms that.

Let me clarify this. Those six pins are used for 3*gnd, the two pixel bits and a clock. This clock would be triggered every pixel, and silent during the blanking periods. I had a theory you could recover the full video stream from just those three signals. And I thought those three hole were there to attach a pin header to do just that.

However, this was proven wrong. On the Wideboy handheld piece, those holes are marked as capacitors, although they're unpopulated. And it's clear that the system displayed in this thread in working on a stock DMG, so how the thing is connected is an after thought. They simply connected the ribbon cable wires where they best could.

Cleveland, OH
Apeshit wrote:
justinthursday wrote:

Nope, it's just a header. If I had the hardware for it, it would.

Pretty useless, but I thought it'd serve good for informational purposes. Very clean wiring.

Right. I just realized how dumb that statement was.

rochester, ny

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Origin … 20bffa71c6

this gameboy may have once been a part of this set up.