I am currently in the process of learning myself how to proper backlight a DMG. I have just removed the thin part behind the screen and finding it hard to clean of the backside... Any tips on how to do that?
Oh... and just to be certain... is this the correct part to remove?

(It's ok if I've done anything wrong, this is a broken dmg-circuit that I'm having a first go on)

Any help is appreciated!
(This post is also posted on 8bc)

BK

So far so good. the best way to remove the gunk is to us your finger and rub it- the ridges in your fingerprint actually work pretty well to get that gunk off. In the future though, try and remove the back film so that the gunk sticks to the film and not the glass. A razorblade might help with that. It also helps to remove left side of that plastic bracket first so you have more room to work with.
Do be careful though- bending the ribbon cables too much will eventually cause them to break. Trying to get the gunk off can sometimes result in overbending of these ribbon cables, so anything you can do to minimize bending them would be good.

St. Louis

Those alcohol pads work pretty well for any gunk a razor blade can't reach.

Forgot to update you guys... Thanks for the help, it turned out ok! big_smile

Sweeeeeeden

Nice colors. tt's nice how the color of the buttons matches the color of the screen. It's also nice how the colors of the thing matches the colors of chipmusic.org.

Very nice!
What paint did you use to paint the rubber 'start' and 'select' buttons?

DSC wrote:

Very nice!
What paint did you use to paint the rubber 'start' and 'select' buttons?

They don't appear to be painted/dyed. The stock buttons are dark grey.

Gosford, Australia

It's beautiful yikes

They don't appear to be painted/dyed. The stock buttons are dark grey.

Pretty sexy!  I like those darker color buttons.