Beverly Hills Michigan

Just a little something I whipped up before going on a road trip, I used smd LED's and 30 gauge wire, so it was damn hard to solder together, I think it turned out to be really good!

matt's mind

that looks wonderful!

Beverly Hills Michigan
kitsch wrote:

that looks wonderful!

thanks, I used the clear buttons and new screen cover from your store, btw how long untill the clear cases?

matt's mind

hopefully not too much longer!  just waiting on samples, twiddling thumbs...

you should add some clear silicon start/select buttons, and illuminate them too wink

looks sweet!

Beverly Hills Michigan
kitsch wrote:

hopefully not too much longer!  just waiting on samples, twiddling thumbs...

you should add some clear silicon start/select buttons, and illuminate them too wink

ya, I was thinking about adding some (only problem is that they are expensive), but when I started building this gameboy I did not have the buttons planned, I just saw some smd's on the table next to me and decided to slap them in!

Beverly Hills Michigan
Frostbyte wrote:

looks sweet!

thanks!

I actually have something similar, and I messed up the screen when I backlit it so it looks like I threw it in a freezer for a long time haha

As annoying as it is to write with a messed up screen...honestly, i like the effect it makes visually haha

Beverly Hills Michigan
Frostbyte wrote:

I actually have something similar, and I messed up the screen when I backlit it so it looks like I threw it in a freezer for a long time haha

As annoying as it is to write with a messed up screen...honestly, i like the effect it makes visually haha

lol, how did you manage to do that?

No clue tongue I think I broke the bottom right corner by pulling too hard...I was doing it in a rush so it makes sense haha. I've gotta post pictures soon haha smile

Beverly Hills Michigan
Frostbyte wrote:

No clue tongue I think I broke the bottom right corner by pulling too hard...I was doing it in a rush so it makes sense haha. I've gotta post pictures soon haha smile

ya, post pics I want to see what it looks like

asneakyfatcat wrote:

ya, I was thinking about adding some (only problem is that they are expensive)

The clear buttons? They're insanely cheap taking into consideration the cost of the mold.

Beverly Hills Michigan
Apeshit wrote:
asneakyfatcat wrote:

ya, I was thinking about adding some (only problem is that they are expensive)

The clear buttons? They're insanely cheap taking into consideration the cost of the mold.

wait what, they are only 3 bucks now??? I could have sword that they used to be over ten bucks last time I checked... (which was a couple of weeks ago) In that case Im going to order some as soon as paypal lets my ebay cash clear!

matt's mind

they've always been this price, unless i made a typo at some point tongue

Beverly Hills Michigan
kitsch wrote:

they've always been this price, unless i made a typo at some point tongue

I'm pretty sure I just misread it as 13 bucks before lol

Germany/Florida

Total noob when it comes to modding buttons. How did you get the leds into the buttons? And is the power source the 5V?