killadelphia

Was wondering if this is possible.  I see that there's a 7805 stepping down the ac adaptor from 7-12v to 5v for the PIC IC.  is it possible to bypass the 7805 and to take the 5v from the linker cable pin?  I saw some arduinoboys that were like this and I wanted to mod my lsdjmc2 to be ac adaptor-less.   seems possible with like one wire.  perhaps the gameboy's amperage is not high enough?  I see that the 7805 gives off 1amp.  How many milliamps does the linker port crap out?  anyone know about this junk?

matt's mind

its possible.  any of the regulated 5V solder points really...  link cable included.  shouldn't be an issue.

killadelphia

Ok - so i figured out how to do it - but i realized that the reason my LSDJMC2 doesn't have internal power is because of these crappy linker cables that don't carry the 5v.  Can someone direct me towards some linker cables that do carry the 5v - i'm going to swap out those cables and then send the 5v to the emmitter solder point for the 7805 transistor.

matt's mind

the only kinds i'm aware of are the nintendo manufactured kinds, the DMG-04 and DMG-07 accessories...  those are the cables which have the internal 5V.

killadelphia

Oh - i have like two or three of those DMG-04's - they look like they only have 4 pins in there though...  (same as the crappy ones on the LSDJMC2) do they all look like that?  I mean:  they all look like they have 4 pins but only the DMG-04 actually sends the 5v?

Los Angeles

here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/trash80/se … 324137185/

killadelphia

cool taco bro.