Russia

Sorry for stupid question, but can you tell me, is it real? I want to add some c64 vocal into tracks, but I know only SAM (for c64) and it's only speach synthesyzer, but I want tracker too)) I used mssiah, but there are no speach synthesizer((

New York City

There's no C64 "tracker" that does voice synthesis. You should use SAM.

Russia

It's so sad((
And do you know any speach synthesyzers else?

Last edited by stress_tn (Dec 24, 2011 9:39 am)

New York City

For the commodore 64? No.
For other machines? The Amiga has an in built one that you can toy around with using Speechtoy 2.

Russia

It's not good, because I have C64c(( Thanks for info Akira!

There was another old one called 'Big Mouth' but I can't find it online. (basically sounds similar to SAM)  Could be wrong about this but I think those old speech synths used the volume register to playback the sound.  If your c64c machine has a new SID (8580) it'll probably sound quite muffled on there.   In that case your best bet is to record it out of an emulator.

There were a couple of recent speech synths used in demos but they're in sourcecode form.  Anyway, you can get them here and here  They come with demo examples.

Russia

Wow, thanks 4mat. Yes I have 8580 sid and c64tpc for LOAD\SAVE functions but it works only with d64 files. Is it real - converting prg, c64 into d64?
I mean, I want to convert "Synthcart.prg" into "...d64"

Last edited by stress_tn (Dec 26, 2011 5:09 am)