WOAH TRASH! YOU DID IT MAN! IT WORKS! THE LED STAYS IN SYNC! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!

sorry for the capslock, but this a big moment for me big_smile

Thank for all your help, this is a huge step.

Austria

Hey guys.. i dont want to start a new thread, i am currently waiting for the parts for my arduinoboy smile
I want to only install 1 LED (status LED). But i want to be able to change modes and still know where i am at. I am a real arduino newb, is there a way to rewrite the code that the Status LED blinks when changing the mode.. (Say Mode 1: 1 blink, Mode 2: 2 blinks etc.) ?
Would be really great if anyone has a hint... Thanks

Los Angeles
RyuX wrote:

Hey guys.. i dont want to start a new thread, i am currently waiting for the parts for my arduinoboy smile
I want to only install 1 LED (status LED). But i want to be able to change modes and still know where i am at. I am a real arduino newb, is there a way to rewrite the code that the Status LED blinks when changing the mode.. (Say Mode 1: 1 blink, Mode 2: 2 blinks etc.) ?
Would be really great if anyone has a hint... Thanks

in the code on the first tab in the arduino editor you should see this almost midway down the page:

int pinStatusLed = 13; // Status LED
int pinLeds[] = {12,11,10,9,8,13}; // LED Pins

change them all to be on the same pin number you will be using like...

int pinStatusLed = 13; // Status LED
int pinLeds[] = {13,13,13,13,13,13}; // LED Pins
Austria

Awesome and easy solution ! Will try that as soon as my parts have arrived !!
Thanks for all the work you already put into it that is making all that possible big_smile

Greets from austria

PS: by the way.. i will build a standard arduinoboy too, and i wonder which mode is currently activated, there seems to be no list that says "if LED1 is on you are in LSDJ Slave mode" etc. I would really love to write it down so i can look it up.. thx

Last edited by RyuX (Jul 28, 2012 6:30 am)

Austria

First test of my arduinoboy #1 big_smile ... http://chipmod.blogspot.co.at/2012/07/a … -test.html

washington
RyuX wrote:

First test of my arduinoboy #1 big_smile ... http://chipmod.blogspot.co.at/2012/07/a … -test.html

Looks super rad smile

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Making me anxious for mine to get here. . . sad
The heart is a nice touch

Austria

Thanks guys, but one question.. i tried to wire up the gameboy to my arduinoboy.
in the schematic it says GB Cable and you see the pins. i soldered it that way but in LSDJ it just keeps waiting and doesnt start at all.
Has the GB Cable to be wired this way going to the Arduino, or is the pinout going to the Gameboy ?
I dont understand why it doesnt work...

PS: I tried both methods. The Difference from the Cable to the Gameboy / Arduinoboy is just 2 Pins (Analog in PIN2/PIN1 switches around).
It seems that nothing works, the Arduinoboy responds to my MidiClock that i send with cubase, but the gameboy doesnt.
I wonder if it has something to do with the Analog INs ?! (i dont really get it how Analog Inputs can send the gameboy a signal)
It could also be my Arduino Mega 1280 (chinese copy) ?!
Maybe someone has a clue. Thanks guys

Last edited by RyuX (Jul 30, 2012 4:02 pm)

Los Angeles
RyuX wrote:

I wonder if it has something to do with the Analog INs ?! (i dont really get it how Analog Inputs can send the gameboy a signal)

It's using those pins as digital outs (except the input from gameboy, that'd be input wink

RyuX wrote:

It could also be my Arduino Mega 1280 (chinese copy) ?!
Maybe someone has a clue. Thanks guys

Yup, the code was made for the atmega 328/168 chip, the 1280 is a different chip so you'vee either have to find out where the pins are located or find/replace all of the arduinoboy code (all tabs in the editor)... "PINC" to "PIN[whatever it is]" and "PORTC" to "PORT[whatever it is]" looking at this thread... http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaB … 1241206933 ... you can change the code from "PINC" to "PINF" and "PORTC" to "PORTF"

Los Angeles

Alternatively you can move the wires from the analog ins 0,1,2 to pins 37,36,35 in that order, that should work.

PORTC on a arduino uno / 328/ 168 are the analog in pins, and PORTC on a arduino mega / 1280/2560 it refers to pins 30 to 37, backwards.

Los Angeles
RyuX wrote:

PS: by the way.. i will build a standard arduinoboy too, and i wonder which mode is currently activated, there seems to be no list that says "if LED1 is on you are in LSDJ Slave mode" etc. I would really love to write it down so i can look it up.. thx

Updated the ardunoboy page...

arduinoboy page wrote:

Push Button to select the sync/state mode (7 modes available)
1. LSDJ as MIDI Slave Sync with sync effects and midi note transport control. Also Note value to LSDJ song position row offset on Song Start.
2. LSDJ as MIDI Master Sync. Send Midi sync with LSDJ, LSDJ also sends a Midi Note on message that corresponds to the song row number
3. LSDJ PC Keyboard mode. with the first octave controlling M-U-T-E, Cursor control (LSDJ Live mode only), Table selection and table cue.
4. MIDI to Nanoloop sync
5. Full MIDI with mGB (Details below)
6. LSDJ LIVE MAP ... incoming MIDI notes cue LSDJ row numbers, requires custom LSDJ version on the LSDJ site.
7. LSDJ MIDIOUT ... sends MIDI out from LSDJ, requires custom LSDJ version on the LSDJ site.

Austria

Thanks Trash for your time,
i tried to replace all the PINC/PORTC with PINF/PORTF
It didnt quite work out.. do i have to change the int pinGB**** etc.... Stuff also if i switch to 37,36,35 ?
I tried to switch the pins but the Arduinoboy went crazy.
But the Gameboy started his sync when i pressed the pushbutton once (and never stopped again)
Something must be completely wrong.
I will build another device with an Arduino Pro Mini and see what this one does...
Maybe any other hints ?
Thanks again

Los Angeles
RyuX wrote:

Thanks Trash for your time,
i tried to replace all the PINC/PORTC with PINF/PORTF
It didnt quite work out.. do i have to change the int pinGB**** etc.... Stuff also if i switch to 37,36,35 ?
I tried to switch the pins but the Arduinoboy went crazy.
But the Gameboy started his sync when i pressed the pushbutton once (and never stopped again)
Something must be completely wrong.
I will build another device with an Arduino Pro Mini and see what this one does...
Maybe any other hints ?
Thanks again

PORTF should of worked I think. I can try testing it here when I go to my shop in the next few days. In the meantime you can try switching the code back and try just moving the wires I suppose.

Austria

Hey.. i had some luck with changing the "int pinGB etc.." port assign to 37,36,35 and reconnecting the wires.
the gameboy started with the midi signal and seemed like it was in sync (at least near).
The only strange thing is that the Status LED wont flash no more to the beat (it only stays lit)
And after one full modeswitch (approx. 6-7 button presses) the arduinoboy will crash.

I measured the pins on the GB Link Cable.
The Pin 0,1,2 all have 4,83 Volts to Ground. Is that common ?
I found out that the arduinoboy only crashes when the GB Link cable is connect, also LSDJ crashes and comes up with an error message.
You said that it should be Serial + / Serial - / GB Clock / Ground.
But how come i have 4,83 on Serial + / Serial - and GB Clock to ground ?!
somethings wrong xD

Los Angeles
RyuX wrote:

You said that it should be Serial + / Serial - / GB Clock / Ground.
But how come i have 4,83 on Serial + / Serial - and GB Clock to ground ?!
somethings wrong xD

if I recall its in this order: clock, data output to gb, data input from gb, ground to common, and if you have the wire/pin on the gb connector, 5v to 5v.
so: clock to 37, data out to gb on 36, and data in from gb on 35.

Austria

yeah but i read 4,83 Volts on the Clock Pin, the Data Input and the Data Output Pin to Ground. Is that normal ?
I wired exactly like stated in the shematic. i saw it working once so i am motivated again, just cant figure out why i have 4,83 Volts coming from the gameboy (i checked another gameboy too) to Clock / Data Out / Data In..?!