CA

please please please please please? Please?

Matthew Joseph Payne

Every time I try to edit my signature on this site, I am pleased to remember that we don't have them.

CA

I'm not, I wish we did, I think that they are a unique thing that every user can have. Kind of like business cards in a way (I guess) just more awesome (about 10x as much)

Also the signature could include links to their chipmusic, etc.

While I'm at it: How about a post count by the user's avatar-area?

Abandoned on Fire

I'm not saying this to be a dick but please not either of those things.  The profiles are plenty and nicely organized.

CA

No you're not a dick, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I just personally would really wish for sigs/post counts.

Speaking of post count–

Unsubscribe

I like how you have to earn interest to look at your profile rather than spamming every post you make.

Melbourne, Australia

Yeah, pretty much everything you're asking for people can get by clicking on your name, so they don't have to see the same signature every time you post. 3 times so far this thread, I'd be bored with it already, but maybe thats just me. Yes I realise it doesn't have a post count but you can see how many pages of posts people have made and it gives you a pretty good idea wink

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

No

Melbourne, Australia
Nullatrum wrote:

Edit : On a serious note, I apprecaite your request but this is something the mod/admin team has discussed at length and we've decided against it. Also your business card annalogy is correct but you don't tattoo the contents of a business card onto your forehead (unless you're an idiot). If someone wants to know more about you all they have to do is click on your username.

Los Angeles
Nullatrum wrote:

It's abused, used for advertising, and is generally obnoxious.

Nullatrum wrote:

While I'm at it: How about a post count by the user's avatar-area?

Why? What difference does it make how many posts you have? We should be judged by our actions, not our words.

Tokyo, Japan

I think not having post counts or signatures is an excellent idea.

Melbourne, Australia
celsius wrote:

(unless you're an idiot.)

Los Angeles
dosPrompt wrote:
celsius wrote:

(unless you're an idiot.)

Yeah....... No.

Tokyo, Japan
Nullatrum wrote:

No you're not a dick, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I just personally would really wish for sigs/post counts.

Just a couple of quick observations, one rationale for not having post counts is there is no merit to posting unless the post itself is worth while. A kind of passive filter on keeping the quality of the forum up.

Also the profiles on cmo are really quite comprehensive, the allow you to link to your personal website, blog, facebook, myspace, twitter, flickr and youtube pages as well as a description where you can have a bio, arbitrary links or quotes or whatever you want, basically an extended sig. So anyone who is interested in a given user can easily get information on them but not using sigs keeps the signal to noise ratio on the forum that little bit higher!

Philly, PA, USA

Basically I'd say it boils down to "the forums are for discussion, not for advertising, and not for dick waving"

Tokyo, Japan

What he said.