Abandoned on Fire
megabeep wrote:

egr: DUDE, that's perfect. Perfectly matches the color scheme, captures the 8 bit vibe and the simple clean presentation. I uploaded it and it looks AWESOME.  I'm gonna credit you in my About page, what info would you like to appear? I'll link to a website or whatever you want. Thanks so much for this!

Cool!  smile

You can list me as:

Arnie Holder (egr)
http://datathrash.com

egr: Done. It's not much, but every bit helps right? Also, let me know if you're promoting anything new for datathrash records, i'll give you  a news plug.

Abandoned on Fire
megabeep wrote:

egr: Done. It's not much, but every bit helps right? Also, let me know if you're promoting anything new for datathrash records, i'll give you  a news plug.

Will do!

Sydney, NSW

FFFFFFFFF
Why am I so unorganised? sad

matt's mind

the banner looks good.  your site design is very pleasing to me wink

Thanks Kitsch! I'm happy with how it's come together.

Sweeeeeeden
egr wrote:

Here's my contribution (couldn't decide how to "center" it):

egr: Sorry, but this logo has a couple of problems. (Call me a perfectionist if you will...)
Firstly, you didn't resize the original pixel logo by an even percentage, so the pixels aren't the same size. The third line from the bottom (the tongue of the G) is 11 pixels high but the other pixels are 10 pixels high. And different pixels are different widths. Resize both the width and height by integer values (500%, 600%, 1000%, but not 591% or something like that.)

The second problem is the jaggedness of the shadow which comes from the skew. The double pixels occur at every 6th or 7th pixel, which makes the shadow out of phase with the big pixel height. 45 degrees would obviously give a perfectly diagonal shadow. Of course, that's not what you want. But if you get the pixel ratio of the original logo right, you should be able to skew the shadow by exactly 41.99 degrees for a good result. (That gives you a ratio of 5/6 instead of 51/60 as it is now.)

Math is serious business!

Abandoned on Fire
nitro2k01 wrote:
egr wrote:

Here's my contribution (couldn't decide how to "center" it):

egr: Sorry, but this logo has a couple of problems. (Call me a perfectionist if you will...)
Firstly, you didn't resize the original pixel logo by an even percentage, so the pixels aren't the same size. The third line from the bottom (the tongue of the G) is 11 pixels high but the other pixels are 10 pixels high. And different pixels are different widths. Resize both the width and height by integer values (500%, 600%, 1000%, but not 591% or something like that.)

The second problem is the jaggedness of the shadow which comes from the skew. The double pixels occur at every 6th or 7th pixel, which makes the shadow out of phase with the big pixel height. 45 degrees would obviously give a perfectly diagonal shadow. Of course, that's not what you want. But if you get the pixel ratio of the original logo right, you should be able to skew the shadow by exactly 41.99 degrees for a good result. (That gives you a ratio of 5/6 instead of 51/60 as it is now.)

Math is serious business!

Excellent analysis, nitro!  But I'm sure you realize that it took me longer to read your critique than to make the logo.  big_smile

Nitro, thanks for the thoughtful analysis, I must admit I don't have an eye for that kind of thing. I will definitely need artwork for upcoming events and special features if you feel like showin us how it's done!

Sweeeeeeden

I have more of a mathematical eye than an artistic one. My job is mostly nitpicking, not actually creating art. (Although I will keep the offer in mind.)

Sweeeeeeden

Or nitpixling! yikes

Abandoned on Fire
nitro2k01 wrote:

Or nitpixling! yikes

+1

nitro2k01 wrote:

Or nitpixling! yikes

+1

California

I enjoy  reading your bog and If it is not to late I amde a bannar. Just wanted to trow my art in smile