NYC

my favorite of all time is legend of Zelda Link's Awakening BEST MUSIC EVER

The Mountains

shan

fuckin

tae

philly

As mentioned by an-cat-max, Turok 2 Seeds of Evil is one of my new favorites. smile Alberto Gonzalez is my favorite classic game boy composer, he has an impressive quantity of quality tracks under his belt when it comes to the game boy / gbc. He has a distinct style and milks the sound in a way that's a bit thicker and more like modern chip music than lots of other game music. Also found it interesting that he tracked all of his music out on a ZX Spectrum too...

Turok 2 Soundtrack
(download link in track 1)

Last edited by bucky (Feb 4, 2010 11:47 pm)

philly

V-Rally Championship Edition

at least for the main menu music alone, although there's a couple other good ones in there...

Last edited by bucky (Feb 4, 2010 11:49 pm)

astral cat

I like Turok 2's SID like quality

Trip World
Nemesis
Metal Gear Solid
Kirby's Dreamland
Otto's Ottinfanten
Project S-11
Star Ocean - Blue Sphere
Turok 2

Sydney, Australia

Philly/NY
alex_mauer wrote:

Skate or Die: Bad n Rad

Greatest game title ever.

France

already mentionned but Pokemon soundtracks (especially Gold & silver) are amazing!

Italy

Definitly Gargoyle's quest. Loved the graphics and loved the soundtrack! It's the only one I went and downloaded in gbs format...

philly

More stuff from Alberto!

Metal Masters

philly

Das Geheimnis der Happy Hippo-Insel!
Composer - Stello Doussis. This is some seriously wicked demo-scene-esque music.
It's nice cause there's not exactly lots of stuff like that for the game boy (counting modern chip music)...

I like his Ottifanten: Kommando Störtebeker soundtrack even more, it currently stands as the most complex and advanced game boy soundtrack I've heard. Unfortunately my rip of it was before I started using hardware and the emulation suckssss. Gotta re-rip that one...

Last edited by bucky (May 1, 2010 7:48 am)

NorthTtrrrway

the intro of pinball fantasies, underclocked smile

uhajdafdfdfa
bucky wrote:

Das Geheimnis der Happy Hippo-Insel!
Composer - Stello Doussis. This is some seriously wicked demo-scene-esque music.
It's nice cause there's not exactly lots of stuff like that for the game boy (counting modern chip music)...

I like his Ottifanten: Kommando Störtebeker soundtrack even more, it currently stands as the most complex and advanced game boy soundtrack I've heard. Unfortunately my rip of it was before I started using hardware and the emulation suckssss. Gotta re-rip that one...

http://www.exotica.org.uk/mediawiki/ind … amp;id=574

big_smile big_smile

San Francisco

man bucky. you got good taste.

philly

hehe thanks!

But just you wait till I rip 'NSYNC - Get to the Show', then I'm sure your opinion of me will lessen. big_smile
lol

Last edited by bucky (May 1, 2010 5:41 pm)