Manchester, England

Ok, so obviously you can transfer ROM's from the cartridge onto your laptop, using the program GB_USB and an EMS cable. I've only just set it up, and burnt the .gb and .sav file from my cart onto my hard drive. BUT, can you only burn the rom itself or can you burn individual tracks? You see, I don't know what .sav is. .gb is obviously the entire file of the program, but are .sav files memory bank data? Because if that's the case, I have 3 tracks in progress on my LSDJ cart but there is only one .sav file that shows up on GB_USB. It's probably simple as fuck and I'm making it complicated but I really don't want to touch anything and fuck it up.

Get back to us ASAP

Thanks

Abandoned on Fire

A .sav contains all the saved data from your lsdj rom, so all the songs and settings are in that one file.

You can use LSDJmanager to parse out individual songs to .sng files but I don't think that's what you're after right now...

Manchester, England

I just want to downgrade from 4.6.0 to 3.9.9 or something of that nature, so I was just worried that if I did then my .sav data would go with that deleted version. If that's what you say do, I'll look into it. I've also discovered that website LSDSNG Swap and it's a coincidence that you mention LSDJmanager because that was my next conundrum. So thanks, I'll give it all a bash.

Matthew Joseph Payne

If you're just trying to change the LSDJ version, replacing the .gb file will do the trick and shouldn't touch your songs. BUT I would backup your .sav file (with your songs on it) before you do it, just because the carts can be a bit buggy AND be aware that if you wrote the songs in 4.6.0 they may sound different in older versions

Manchester, England

Yeah I was aware of that, but I still think I'll give it a go. If it mucks up, I dunno I'll just put it all back on again. I already have it backed up now like 3 times so I'm sure I'll be fine.

Sydney, NSW

why downgrade?

Manchester, England

Because I've heard quite a few people say about how there are problems with the LSDJMC2 with 4.6.0, yet 3.9.9 is fine, and I bought the MC2 for Christmas and it's just not working to connect my cartridge to my laptop software.