WOW MAN!

New release of PR8 with several new features, changes and bug fixes.

http://blog.ntrq.net/?p=533

Have fun smile

Unsubscribe

YES. /me resists urge to ask about external sync in a non passive aggressive manner.

WOW MAN!

Ha ha smile

My initial experiments were not great but I haven't given up yet.

The main problem remains though - PR8 uses so much processing time that it's difficult to effectively decouple the editor from the playback engine in a way that you can consequentially decouple the audio refresh from it's 60hz/VBLANK base.

I did get it working whereby the 'clock' was determined by hitting a button on pad 2 so I know that that method would effectively work. It has limited use though, admittedly.

Unsubscribe

good to know..getting to know pr8 is heavy on my 2012 todo.

Abandoned on Fire
herr_prof wrote:

Indeed.

Milwaukee, WI
egr wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

Indeed.

Me three!  Kudos Neil, this is good software.  big_smile

rochester, ny
neilbaldwin wrote:

I did get it working whereby the 'clock' was determined by hitting a button on pad 2 so I know that that method would effectively work. It has limited use though, admittedly.

it would be pretty easy to build an arduino device that took a midi clock signal and translated that to button presses, so whenever the arduino received a clock pulse, it would "hit a button on pad 2".

paging batsly adams.

Matthew Joseph Payne
nickmaynard wrote:

it would be pretty easy to build an arduino device that took a midi clock signal and translated that to button presses, so whenever the arduino received a clock pulse, it would "hit a button on pad 2".

paging batsly adams.

I tried in vain to get batsly to put nesserial back up for download for like 5 months. No dice. sad
But I still have hope!

WOW MAN!
nickmaynard wrote:
neilbaldwin wrote:

paging batsly adams.

It's not a MIDI clock you need unless you can divide the clock right down. As it is, MIDI clock is far too high a rate to be any use to the crude sync method we're talking about here big_smile

Unsubscribe

at least a midi cc tap tempo would be nice.

vancouver, canada
herr_prof wrote:

it's on my to-do list as well..  i tried hastily to play around with a prerelease version a couple months back but the ins and outs of navigating takes some more getting used to.

may i say though, neil, that the PR8 has one of the slickest looking NES interfaces i've ever seen?  may i say it?

WOW MAN!
bryface wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

it's on my to-do list as well..  i tried hastily to play around with a prerelease version a couple months back but the ins and outs of navigating takes some more getting used to.

may i say though, neil, that the PR8 has one of the slickest looking NES interfaces i've ever seen?  may i say it?

Stick with it, it's worth the effort smile

And yes, you may say that. Thank you big_smile

If anyone has ideas for tutorials I was thinking of putting together some new ones, videos perhaps.

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Neil, you're the best.