Argentina

Hi!
I bought a Super Game Boy 2 and I'm waiting for it. I bought it because I wanted the link port, but after paid for it I realized that I have some doubts.

- Will it work on my American SNES? I know that have to remove the plastic locks as it is for the japanese super famicom, but from the software side, will it work?

- The Pro Sound mod is the same of the first version? is the same circuit board, pin outs?

- I saw that there is a Super Famicom Game Boy Controller, but is expensive,worth it?

Looked for this and didn't find a clear answer. Hope that some one could help me smile
Regards.

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

I have both a Super Gameboy 2 and the SGB commander controller.

The Super Gameboy 2 will work provided you remove the plastic pieces in the SNES. I haven't modded mine since I wanted to keep it fairly mint but I believe the PCB is almost identical with the exception of the link port. The different case might mean you'll need to find a different spot to put your 1/8" or RCA jack though.

The SGB controller is a cool item, but kind of a novelty one. It works just fine but doesn't offer much aside from its good looks. You can adjust the clock speed of the Super Gameboy which can be used as an interesting effect when working in live mode, or when programming to scrutinize chains you're writing without backing out to adjust the tempo.

PM me or let me know if you have any more questions! smile

Last edited by MicroD (Jan 12, 2012 7:39 pm)

Joliette, QC, Canada

my EMS 64mb usb didn't work on my SGB2 ! sad

Argentina

Thanks MicroD! I got an old snes as Christmas gift so don't bother to remove the plastic pieces.
And that was my doubt about the controller... the clock speed button... (would I be able to raise my pokemons faster?)

Xyno I got that card, doesn't work?? sad I got one EMS and one old from netmar's E-merger

MicroD do you use it with some flash card for LSDJ?

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

The clock speed actually only has settings for slower speeds. I think they figured it would be used to make fast/difficult games easier. You get two slower speeds as options.

I've used the SGB2 with my 32mb EMS cartridges without issue.

Last edited by MicroD (Jan 13, 2012 2:37 pm)

Joliette, QC, Canada
Zuberi wrote:

Thanks MicroD! I got an old snes as Christmas gift so don't bother to remove the plastic pieces.
And that was my doubt about the controller... the clock speed button... (would I be able to raise my pokemons faster?)

Xyno I got that card, doesn't work?? sad I got one EMS and one old from netmar's E-merger

MicroD do you use it with some flash card for LSDJ?

Maybe it's my cart, maybe it's the super gameboy 2...I don't know but it didn't work for me...btw my old non-USB EMS works !

BC, Canada
XyNo wrote:

Maybe it's my cart, maybe it's the super gameboy 2...I don't know but it didn't work for me...btw my old non-USB EMS works !

I think it might be your cart or you have to format it; I just tested my new 64 megabit EMS cart on my SGB with no problems.

Argentina

Well finally my SuperGameboy 2 arrived.
I removed the plastic tabs of my american SNES, and after some tries and blowing a couple of times also, it worked smile
First I tried the original GB cards and then the flash ones, both of them worked, my USB EMS 64MB and my Netmars E-merger 64MB.
By now didn't notice a different pitch compared to the original GB
Thanks for your answers, hope that this can help some one on the future

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Yeah, pitch and tempo issues were fixed by Johan in version 3.9.d with some testing help from yours truly! tongue

Glad you got it working. Let me know if you decide to mod it!