Seattle, WA US

So I already dumbly posted about this in the feedback thread.. but figured I'd move it to its own little thang over here via some serious copy and paste:

"-100000000000000000 hunterizzle.. sent him 5 of my DMGs (one of them was fucking Blue) and he said he would have all the mods done within a week or two. Couple months go by of him emailing me maybe once a week about how he had a bunch of problems going on and he was so sorry but was gonna get it done soon. Another month goes by and I email him like 5 times in a row.. never received an email back. Sent them to him late August and I'm now out of 5 fully modded DMGs.

I feel like a fucking idiot"

Guess you can call this a public service announcement of sorts too, cause I would hate to have something like this happen to anybody else.

-His name is Hunter Cure
-He lives/lived in Austin, TX

I wouldn't be surprised if he's dipped out of the chip community entirely, but might as well keep an eye out for him using a different username around trading posts again.

I don't have a whole lot of hope as far as getting my Gameboys back goes... but I thought I'd give it a whirl and see if any of you guys have dealt with a situation like this, and if so, how you went about handling it?

Last edited by boaconstructor (Jan 23, 2012 10:42 pm)

Milwaukee Area, WI

Uh, don't you have a shipping address? You should get law enforcement involved. Even with a PO Box you think the post office would have records of this hunter asshole.

Savannah, Georgia
boaconstructor wrote:

So I already dumbly posted about this in the feedback thread.. but figured I'd move it to its own little thang over here via some serious copy and paste:

"-100000000000000000 hunterizzle.. sent him 5 of my DMGs (one of them was fucking Blue) and he said he would have all the mods done within a week or two. Couple months go by of him emailing me maybe once a week about how he had a bunch of problems going on and he was so sorry but was gonna get it done soon. Another month goes by and I email him like 5 times in a row.. never received an email back. Sent them to him late August and I'm now out of 5 fully modded DMGs.

I feel like a fucking idiot"

Guess you can call this a public service announcement of sorts too, cause I would hate to have something like this happen to anybody else.

-His name is Hunter Cure
-He lives/lived in Austin, TX

I wouldn't be surprised if he's dipped out of the chip community entirely, but might as well keep an eye out for him using a different username around trading posts again.

I don't have a whole lot of hope as far as getting my Gameboys back goes... but I thought I'd give it a whirl and see if any of you guys have dealt with a situation like this, and if so, how you went about handling it?

what moriokun said. get his shipping address and let the state authorities know, even if you're not in the USA

New York City

- Hello, police station? Yeah, this guy in Texas stole 5 Nintendo Game Boys from me... Yeah, the 1989 model... Hello??? Hello???

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

San Francisco

lol

Unsubscribe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_and_wire_fraud

Seattle, WA US

Thanks herr_prof..

Getting in touch with the authorities is always at the very bottom of my list of actions.. but looks like it would be a lot easier and cheaper than flying down to Texas and beating his ass

Seattle, WA US
wedanced wrote:

lol

hahahahahahahah yeah!! so funny!!!

England
boaconstructor wrote:

Difficult not to sound clever-dick here, but sending off five DMGs? To someone you don't know?

Seattle, WA US

It was actually only 4 now that I think about it.. but trust me, I retrospectively feel like a full blown dumbass. Was really busy at the time and had put it off for so long I naively tried to take care of it all at once

England

Ah I see. One for other people here to learn from, maybe.

Really hope you get this resolved.

uhajdafdfdfa

it's sad that assuming someone isn't going to steal your stuff makes you a full blown dumbass
what a sad story!

i really hope you get your stuff back
or hunterzille gets punished

sorry sad

Ciudad de méxico, MX
ant1 wrote:

it's sad that assuming someone isn't going to steal your stuff makes you a full blown dumbass

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Name should have raised a red flag

Seattle, WA US
ant1 wrote:

what a sad story!

Sure would be nice to be able to hold a little bit of faith in humanity, wouldn't it?

This community is pretty awesome for the most part. I always thought the worst you came across was some mid-grade trolling.. and even then you had to be 15 and insecure to have it actually impact your life.

I'm also extremely unlucky in general though, so hopefully this isn't any kind of trend

Brazil

It's kinda sad cause I saw his post about his modded gameboys and seemed legit.

Except for his post wanting to buy a Crystal Castles Vinyl.