Yuma, AZ

So my mixer finally died on me.
I have shows coming up starting Feb 3rd, and desperately need to get a new one.
I don't need anything fancy, nothing more than levels control really.

that being said, I was wondering if anyone out there had ever used the Behringer MX400 Compact before.  http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/MX400.aspx
It's simple. It's inexpensive. and it can be here in time for my shows. BUT I don't want to blow $$ for something that suck, or just flat-out not work.

My live set consists of 2 DMGS (linked) and and effects controller.
So 4 channels is plenty.

Thoughts? concerns?

Thanks guys

Matthew Joseph Payne

I never trust Behringer.

$20 more, and performing beyond expectations in my setup:

here

Matthew Joseph Payne

But if you really want to keep it that small, try this.

Yuma, AZ

Loving that first link. Will probably end up going that route. (TBH will probably get both in time.)
thank you for the advice!

kineticturtle wrote:

I never trust Behringer.

here

$49? FOUR stereo ins? (!)

Abandoned on Fire
kineticturtle wrote:

I never trust Behringer.

here

That's what I have and I really do like it.  Perfect desktop mixer for all your turntable, PC, and gadget needs.

uk

Agreed with the Soundcraft. Bought it a while long ago, never failed me, does the job perfectly. Just wish it had a stereo input insead of mono on first two channeles with equalizer. Otherwise I have to split gameboy into two separate mono channels, which isn't so bad I suppose.

Milwaukee Area, WI

I saw Nullsleep last november and he had a Mackie 802-VLZ3. I got mine about 2 months ago and love it. I get 3 stereo channels and 2 monos. Has effects send and return and I can mix the aux by each channel. Super compact, about the size of large science text book and weighs a couple pounds. Not to mention this thing is really rugged so It will probably last me for years. Might be a little more than what you are looking for though.

Last edited by Moriokun (Jan 26, 2012 1:35 am)

Yuma, AZ

@Moriokun I have looked at that very mixer. Nice to get a first-hand review. It's where I will probably end up. Low on cash and short on time at the moment, so something quick and simple is where im stuck unfortunately.

IL, US

if you decide when you eventually go for a mackie upgrade and that you'd like to multi-track (and have access to a computer with firewire), you may want to consider the Mackie Onyx 820i http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control … ;A=details very similar to the vlz series, but slightly better EQs (one channel is 4 band and takes stereo or mono, the two mono channels have sweepable mids & can work as guitar or bass DI) plus each channel can be send to a separate channel in your  DAW over firewire .. overall though, mackies are solid as hell
for cheaper brands, tapco & soundcraft are both pretty good options and even behringer's do fine in a pinch or just in live settings, just tend to be less durable and develop noise issues over time

Yuma, AZ

That's a nice unit! I'm a PC, so firewire is a stretch for me. But that really is a nice piece of equipment. Mackie gear is always great.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

I like this behringer mixer:

but I have a yamaha mixer on the way, which is nicer. Costs the double.

IL, US

FireWire can be added to any PC, I have built in FireWire on my HP laptop, by you can get expansion cards for standard laptops

Milwaukee, WI

When I move away from the DJ setup I'm currently using I plan on the Allen and Heath ZED-14

Last edited by Theta_Frost (Jan 26, 2012 10:40 pm)

Chicago

Berhringer 802's are 60 bucks new at guitar center. I'd get on that shit before the deal is over.

Yuma, AZ

Actually found an 802 on ebay for 35 wink
The deal is mine!