WOW MAN!

Definitely got the building bug: this week I've built a SammichSID and then yesterday I built a DroneLab (V2)

Quite a fun little box - circuit built around a CD40106 to generate 4 oscillators with 2-pole band-pass filter, low pass filter, a distortion (fuzz) circuit and external input. It also has a 'tremolo' function - each oscillator has a clock divider so you can make basic rhythmic drones too.

One of the really nice things is that it's been design with 'bending' and modding in mind - there's plenty of space on the board and tons of pads to tap into various signals.

I designed my own face plate and had it made by RazorLab (Ponoko) and sourced some cheap Davies clone knobs to give it a fresher look.

Last edited by neilbaldwin (Jan 30, 2012 9:28 am)

IL, US

looks damn nice
also, how is the year 2020? wink

Milwaukee, WI

Casperelectronics is such a cool site.  Synthy seems slightly overpriced... but I'll probably get it sometime down the road.  The plain PCB isn't that bad.  smile

WOW MAN!
e.s.c. wrote:

looks damn nice
also, how is the year 2020? wink

It's from the FUTURE!

Tacoma WA

oh those davies look sweet!!

my friend built one of those and i love the sounds it does

Tacoma WA

also where were you during the great MW outage of 2012!

i was posting on CM.org with neil

WOW MAN!
infradead wrote:

oh those davies look sweet!!

my friend built one of those and i love the sounds it does

Yeah, the whole 'redesign' came out loads better than I hoped.

And the DroneLab is a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to exploring it a bit, see what I can throw at it or get out of it in conjunction with the modular.