Wherever

Are there any people who are interested in PC-98 soundtracks? For those who do not know what a PC-98 is PC-98

I started listening to these awhile ago, and kind of started reviewing all the soundtracks (in txt files, alphabetically...) and I was wondering if any of you would be interested in a pack of all the soundtracks and the reviews? I got up to the letter F. Still a lot to do, but I'll try to do the rest later.

AANABAY01

ehee i love some pc-98 and i'd be happy to see what you've written

Wherever
Zan-zan-zawa-butt wrote:

ehee i love some pc-98 and i'd be happy to see what you've written

Ok, good to hear! I will continue with the "reviewing" this week. But I'll upload everything I've done so far later!

Tokyo, Japan

Are you using hoot?

Wherever
Lazerbeat wrote:

Are you using hoot?

Yeah, was quite annoying to get it to work on a 7.

Tokyo, Japan

I don't doubt that. Did you yeah the EPIC (5 hours or so) sound track for Yu-No which was up on buckys site?

San Francisco

i would be interested to read and listen. always love things like this.

Wherever
Lazerbeat wrote:

I don't doubt that. Did you yeah the EPIC (5 hours or so) sound track for Yu-No which was up on buckys site?

Yes, I actually have that one! But I didn't download it from Bucky's site though. The site I downloaded all my PC-98 soundtracks from seems to be down at the moment...  snesmusic.org/hoot/v2/?system=PC-98 But that soundtrack is awesome indeed!!! Very calming and atmospherical music! To me one of the best ELF (the company who made the game) soundtracks, together with Isaku and Dragon Warior 4.

I have around 800 soundtracks now, and I only reviewed them up until the letter F (around 200 I guess, sorted by company). The way I reviewed them is by grading them with NG (not good), M (mediocre), G (good) and VG (very good, with extra commentary why I gave them a VG). I might have missed some good ones, but I think that up until now I kind of picked out the ones that are worth listening to.

Would it be ok for you guys if I'd put a package (all the soundtracks I have + reviews I have done so far, the hootplayer and all of its DLL files and stuff to make it work) on Mediafire? I zipped the folder yesterday and tested it on my other computer and it worked without troubles. Just make sure you run it as administrator and set the compatibility to XP (I guess; this is what worked for me...)

PS: sorry for extremely long post...

Joliette, QC, Canada

I'm supposed to have a PC98 soon so yeah, I'm interrested ! smile

Wherever
XyNo wrote:

Ok, will upload it somewhere this week! Just finished downloading all soundtracks; 1466 in total... So reviewing all of them will probably take a loooong time. But I'll do it whenever I have the time. The pack I'll upload will include all of those soundtracks.

This is a weirdly amazing project that I fully support, absolutely adore this area of VGM.

Wherever
Stevens wrote:

This is a weirdly amazing project that I fully support, absolutely adore this area of VGM.

Hahaha, thanks man! big_smile I wish I had more time to complete it, but yeah...

Joliette, QC, Canada
Spöka wrote:
XyNo wrote:

Ok, will upload it somewhere this week! Just finished downloading all soundtracks; 1466 in total... So reviewing all of them will probably take a loooong time. But I'll do it whenever I have the time. The pack I'll upload will include all of those soundtracks.

Nice ! smile