Hello's

This might be an easy question, but I can't find the answer (Or maybe I did, but there's something else wrong)

I'm using an arduinoboy for midi-out. And all works fine when i use PU1 as channel 1, to NOI as channel 4.
But now I want to make NOI send note data on channel 15 (A rhythmbox I've got only accepts notes on that channel)

Looking through the code, I found this part:

0,1,2,3, //midiOutNoteMessageChannels - midi channels for lsdj midi out note messages Default: channels 1,2,3,4
  0,1,2,3, //midiOutCCMessageChannels - midi channels for lsdj midi out CC messages Default: channels 1,2,3,4

So my guess was, change 0,1,2,3 to 0,1,2,14 and all would be peachy.

But after that, NOI still sends on channel 4.

I erased the program from my arduino, and reflashed it all together. Still nothing.

Did i forget to change something else?
or is there another problem?

Last edited by Timbob (Jan 30, 2012 7:30 pm)

Czech republic

try this:

boolean alwaysUseDefaultSettings = true
ashimoke wrote:

try this:

boolean alwaysUseDefaultSettings = true

Ah yes, I missed that little bit big_smile
Works like a charm.
Thanks!

Bump! Another question!

Does the midi-out function also send out a clock signal?
Because what 'm trying to do is sequence some machines with lsdj, but it would be awesome if my Atari could run in sync with it, and that one needs a clock signal...

So far it only looks like it sends start/stop signals and note data, but it fails to sync..

Unsubscribe

It cannot send clock ticks and midi out.

herr_prof wrote:

It cannot send clock ticks and midi out.

Bugger...
No way to sync it then sad

Unsubscribe

ive done some poor mans sync by sending cc's to a device in my chain that supports tap tempo and have that be clock master. Its pretty rough though.

Czech republic
herr_prof wrote:

ive done some poor mans sync by sending cc's to a device in my chain that supports tap tempo and have that be clock master. Its pretty rough though.

Rough but clever. Would be super cool to have both notes and tempo sync but I foresee the complications...

Unsubscribe

Tim told me me it was something along the lines of link port bandwidth, but I do not remember the particulars of what made it difficult. Basically the link port can send sync data for the aboy to interpret as clock, or serial midi data, but both was difficult.