Nomad's Land

new episode online:

video quality is better this time, but i'm still struggeling with the audio. unfortunately kdenlive's keyframe-based volume control is totally buggy at the moment.

rochester, ny

this is great. i know absolutely nothing about 1 bit music or the zx spectrum but the info is presented in a compelling and interesting way. i look forward to more!

Ciudad de méxico, MX

suscribed already. this videos deliver!

extra points for linux user.

pd.: have you tried cinelerra?

San Francisco

nice one! your videos are getting better. i love misterbeep hands down i will say he is the best zx composer i have heard to date. if you check out his most recent release prepare to have you balls blown off with awesome. 4 sure subscribing.

Nomad's Land

thanks guys!

@analog yeah i try to do everything in linux, unfortunately it's impossible because a) there doesn't seem to be a good option of screen capturing. xvidcap fails at recording audio and gtkrecordmydesktop only outputs .ogv, which has serious issues with timeline indexing.
b) there is no *nix speccy emulator with decent beeper sound - unreal portable is skippy, fuse has some weird filter and xspect just plain sucks.

anyway i'll check out cinelerra, thanks for the hint.

Nomad's Land

finally a new episode. this one is about the powerful 8-channel editor ZX-7. This engine is one of the things that got me hooked on 1-bit music in the first place, though I've only made 1 song with it so far.

PL

Most interesting.

And actually it's funny that I learnt something new from the show.
I use ZX-7 for - what - 6 years? smile But I have never knew it also works with joystick. smile
No, really. smile

The editor looks strange but when one gets used to it - musicmaking is indeed rather simple. Pleasant even.
A pity there is no "patterns' copying" but... there are no patterns. wink wink

Some of the stuff can be done in the on-line compiler though.

São Paulo, Brazil

This is like the gbcam music app for the speccy wink

another great episode man. Really fun to watch.