Besides the update / backup functions for nanoloop 1.6 /2.5, the new version of the nanoloop USB-adaptor offers some additional functionality:

- Sync any nanoloop version and LSDj to MIDI-enabled programs on the PC (LSDj hasn't been tested yet, but I'm optimistic it works).
- Play the Game Boy via MIDI from the PC using mGB.
- MIDI signals from the Game Boy are forwarded to the PC.

It's kind of an Arduinoboy for USB-MIDI, minus the LSDj-specific modes.

www.nanoloop.com/midi

Abandoned on Fire

Absolutely fantastic.  heart

Ciudad de méxico, MX

so oliver, the ones already ordered don't work with midi?

matt's mind
Analog wrote:

so oliver, the ones already ordered don't work with midi?

and, are they upgradable if this is so?

regardless, this is a really nice bit of news!

Unsubscribe

Will it work with any cart running mgb?

Philly, PA, USA

this is amazing, trying it out now

Philly, PA, USA

Actually I'm having a bit of trouble, when I try to start the utility in OS X i just get a message that says "No input ports available!" I'm not sure what that means or how to fix it.

Abandoned on Fire
pixls wrote:

Actually I'm having a bit of trouble, when I try to start the utility in OS X i just get a message that says "No input ports available!" I'm not sure what that means or how to fix it.

It's probably looking for the usb-midi adapter which you don't have at the moment unless you got magical overseas shipping abilities?

Philly, PA, USA

OH i'm a dummy, it's the new version of the usb thing, got it

IL, US

/me obligatory "stfu, dixls"

seriously though, this is awesome and pixls is ok by me

Fargo

So does that mean that the USB adapter send out originally is not the same as the one used for MIDI?

Philly, PA, USA
e.s.c. wrote:

/me obligatory "stfu, dixls"

seriously though, this is awesome and pixls is ok by me

wink

Krubbz wrote:

So does that mean that the USB adapter send out originally is not the same as the one used for MIDI?

They are the same, just with a different firmware. I'm sorry I couldn't squeeeze a bootloader in there, so they can not be updated via USB. You need a PIC programmer to change the firmware. If you send me your adaptor, I'll update it for free.

My original plan was to offer one adaptor for data and one for MIDI functions later. But then nitro2k01 pointed me to the fact that of course MIDI can also be used for data, and now the data-only version is obsolete.

Fargo
oliver wrote:

If you send me your adaptor, I'll update it for free.

I will probably take you up on that.  I got my adapter from Nonfinite, so where should I send it?

Is there a way to use this midi adapter to sync it with a drum computer or the likes? Without a pc and such.

Timbob wrote:

Is there a way to use this midi adapter to sync it with a drum computer or the likes? Without a pc and such.

No, it's a USB client and requires a USB host. I guess there are devices that provide USB-MIDI host functionality to connect multiple clients. But that's just a guess, I don't know.