I have downloaded the update ROM for Nanoloop 1.6 but i have noticed that in one of my song banks the majority of it has been changed from the patterns i have created to a bunch of Fs. I still have all the loops that i have made i have just lost the arrangement of those loops. This is really annoying because now i have to put the song together all over again. Also, my cart often crashes in song mode if i make a new change and try to play it.

Has anyone else come across these problems?

sweden

Emailed Oliver about it?

I should of thought of this earlier. Thanks Nordleof

Montclair, NJ

I've been encountering this a lot lately as well, and I was actually going to make a topic about it here today after work. However my main concern, is something along the lines of "How do I save in nl1.6?". I'll sometimes write out a bunch of my patterns in the song screen so they make the song, but then ill switch to another file, play that one. Than when I go back to that earlier song, all my patterns have been erased from the song screen. How can I ensure that they will still be there the next time I go to the song screen?

This was my e-mail reply:

oliver wrote:

I am sorry for that. What can cause the Fs is when you turn off the Game Boy while it is saving the song (which happens when you leave the song editor and takes 1-2 seconds). In the latest version 1.6.3, memory access is indicated by a black square in the upper left.
This can't really be avoided, but it may be possible to modify future versions so that there are no Fs in case of an incomplete save, but the last saved version appears instead (still frustrating, but better than nothing).

Song data shouldn't disappear when just switching banks though.

Montclair, NJ

Ok yea, i forgot to mention the turning off of the gameboy in between.

I guess i have accidentally turned it off when it was saving. I usually am very careful about this. Oh well, the song has been re-structured for the better anyway.

haha, classic! ....I will add=  make sure you go on and off of song mode one last time before leaving a song you just edited. Store it into your muscle memory