Fargo

I can't seem to find anywhere if this is possible.  I don't have a parallel port on my laptop, so I just bought a cheap parallel to USB adapter and can't seem to get the software to recognize my cartridge.  The only downloads I found for the Transferer II were the XLinker and the GB Smart Writer.  I didn't find any drivers or anything, and I no longer have the CD it came with.  Does anyone know anything about this?

BK

I think the answer to this is no- I seem to remember this being brought up on the other site years ago and people shooting it down.

New York City

No, it doens't work.

Sweeeeeeden

No. Almost all LPT port adapters only implement a subset of commands, suitable only for printer drivers. There's one device that should theoretically work:
http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~heha/ba … ex.html.en
However, even then it's untested and thought to be working simply because claims to fully emulate an LPT port. However, it would probably be slow because of how USB works. For every byte transferred, you need to send a new USB packet, which can typically only happen at a rate of 1 kHz. Even so, this would not work on Windows 7 64-bit.

One viable way might be to create an Arduino shield specialized for the purpose, which would take a certain amount of R&D. I'm wondering if it's worth the effort.

Fargo
nitro2k01 wrote:

One viable way might be to create an Arduino shield specialized for the purpose, which would take a certain amount of R&D. I'm wondering if it's worth the effort.

Even if I knew how to do this, I don't think it'd probably be worth it.  I wish I did.  I'd love to learn how to do that sort of thing. 

Anyway, it seems like no is the answer, and that's fine.  I plan to get another USB cart at some point anyway.  Thanks for the help guys!