Texas

I recently got a couple of free GameBoys from some friends, and some of them are rather dirty, and others I wish to paint. My main problem is the screws. My family has hundreds of screwdrivers, yet not a single one fits the three-bladed screws that hold together all my GameBoys.

Does anyone know where I can find these screwdrivers, or what to look for as far as brand or size? Is there a specific name for these screw-heads, like there are for flat-head or Philip's?

Please help.

matt's mind

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/hi … crewdriver
http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/tr … crewdriver

tri-wings

Texas

Thanks, man. Will buy. 8D

BC, Canada

If you want some cheap screwdrivers (and possibly lots of them) you could try dealextreme. I got a few from them a few years ago. Still holding out, even though I use them to unscrew philips-head screws sometimes.

Edit: they're usually just called tri-wing screwdrivers or Nintendo screwdrivers.

Last edited by munchluxe63 (Feb 29, 2012 4:56 am)

Matthew Joseph Payne

There's a US based company called Moody Tools that makes hands down the best tri-wing screwdriver I know of. The nicer ones that Kitsch sells are perfectly nice, but Moody's are the most durable for sure. They cost a few dollars more, of course.

Melbourne, Australia

And if you want to go for a budget option then there is always dealextreme

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/trigram-sc … d-wii-1887

Can't beat $0.99 with free shipping!

Texas

Awesome, thanks. 8D

.FILTHadelphia
celsius wrote:

And if you want to go for a budget option then there is always dealextreme

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/trigram-sc … d-wii-1887

Can't beat $0.99 with free shipping!

Support the scene! Kitsch and Nonfinite, yea!

Or do whatever you want.

Melbourne, Australia

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally for supporting the scene and kitsch offers quality products, amazing customer service (by any standard) and is a super nice dude to boot!

But we're not comparing apple and apples here. Kitsch offers a much better tri-wing than the one I linked but if you are only going to use it once in a blue moon those deal extreme jobbies serve their purpose well. Some people can't afford to pay a premium for stuff like that, y'know?

.FILTHadelphia
celsius wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally for supporting the scene and kitsch offers quality products, amazing customer service (by any standard) and is a super nice dude to boot!

But we're not comparing apple and apples here. Kitsch offers a much better tri-wing than the one I linked but if you are only going to use it once in a blue moon those deal extreme jobbies serve their purpose well. Some people can't afford to pay a premium for stuff like that, y'know?

If you're really cheap you could just jam a flat head in there. I've done it, it works.

Puerto Rico
defiantsystems wrote:

If you're really cheap you could just jam a flat head in there. I've done it, it works.

Me too, but I wore out some of the screws to the point where I almost was unable to remove them. You really gotta measure your strength and be patient and maybe just buy a tri wing.

Sweeeeeeden
celsius wrote:

A big plus for US folk, I guess, is the faster shipping time. The shipping time from DX with standard (free) shipping is typically 2 weeks, and I've had it take 4 weeks at one occasion. This was to Sweden, but still it gives you an idea of what to expect.

Btw, I'd strongly discourage you from using a flathead screwdriver and force. Even if it might work, you're going to wear out the screws, which might give you trouble later.