couple of new releases from the Ate Bit factory:

Thread Up

Split Up

detroit

very very very very very awesome. heart great share, brother.

Psydney, Australia

Hey wasn't the top proggie included in some early c64 basic book?
It was like 3 lines long.

Brazil

This is beautiful!

But i'm not gonna lie, i thought it was about music, i almost said something about a joss manley album.

New York City
iLKke wrote:

Hey wasn't the top proggie included in some early c64 basic book?
It was like 3 lines long.

Yup, I thought the same, it was indeed part of a book, that pattern...
Since they are two consecutive chars, it should be pretty easy to reproduce this with any language smile And it seems , as said in 4mat's prod description, this one is made with less bytes... only 18 to be exact. That's pretty tight (would be bigger in BASIC  I presume).

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 14, 2012 12:21 am)

CHIPTUNE

fyi, MIT is releasing a book about the original basic program after the summer. a whole book about a program that prints two petscii chars. now how about that? (nick montfort is involved) (race the beam) (yahtzy)

third one, some 6581 wave synthesis and glitching.  (probably wouldn't try it on hardware with all the $d011 manipulation tbh)

Download Glitchshifter

Psydney, Australia

You're totally my kind of coder, 4mat big_smile

Godzilladelph

nice!

Psydney, Australia

4mat, what kind of environment are you using for your c64 codings? Coupled with what emu, etc?

uhajdafdfdfa

haha glitchshifter has best music big_smile not so sure about the visuals,,, can we get a SID??

iLKke wrote:

4mat, what kind of environment are you using for your c64 codings? Coupled with what emu, etc?

I use c64asm (dasm when coding with Ultra), notepad, couple of batch files and Vice.

ant1 wrote:

haha glitchshifter has best music big_smile not so sure about the visuals,,, can we get a SID??

not sure if a sid could be done, it's using the internal clock to play the notes so that'd have to be emulated.

CHIPTUNE

sounds like a challenge for the HVSC-boys! afaik, sidplayers emulate more or less the whole C64 these days, right?

uhajdafdfdfa

boomlinde told me yesterday that you could have sids like that but i don't know HOW