clovis CA

i wanted to make a gameboy replica, but i have no idea where to get the code for the z80 and have no intention of learning c or basic. anyone ever done something like this?

Cleveland, OH

I LOLed.

New York City

YEah... ok.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 5, 2012 11:07 am)

Sweeeeeeden

The Gameboy CPU core is rather different from a Z80, and more akin to an Intel 8080, but still different. Even so, Gameboy is made up by its peripheral cirucitry, (which is all in the same chip) so you need to emulate that in full. If you have no experience with anything, you're quite frankly not going anywhere with that project. My best advice would be to save those Z80 chips and perhaps try to sell them at some point when someone needs them as replacement parts. The problem: you don't even know if they work and have no way to test for it...

clovis CA
nitro2k01 wrote:

The Gameboy CPU core is rather different from a Z80, and more akin to an Intel 8080, but still different. Even so, Gameboy is made up by its peripheral cirucitry, (which is all in the same chip) so you need to emulate that in full. If you have no experience with anything, you're quite frankly not going anywhere with that project. My best advice would be to save those Z80 chips and perhaps try to sell them at some point when someone needs them as replacement parts. The problem: you don't even know if they work and have no way to test for it...

shiet. wanna buy a chip?