Washington / California

A few months ago I released an EP through bandcamp, I've posted it a few places for CC, but have mostly gotten minimal feedback from non chiptune artists. I was wondering if you could give me some feedback, mainly suggestions of what to work on.

http://teradaktyle.bandcamp.com/

I quite liked it, specially the first track.

It's a bit arrogant of me to think I know what's going on in your head, but at times it seemed like the chipmusic aspect of it was holding you back rather than inspiring you, if that makes any sense.

England

For me, there isn't really anything that stands out from a lot of other Game Boy music, some simple Nintendo melodies and basic sound design, but competently made.

Obviously it should come down to what you want to achieve with your music, if the music you make makes you happy then you shouldn't start trying to make music that is expressly made to please a certain type of audience. smile

Last edited by Jellica (Mar 8, 2012 12:31 pm)

San Angelo, TX
Jellica wrote:

...some simple Nintendo melodies and basic sound design, but competently made...

Thats how most of us make our music

I am downloading the EP right now and ill give it a listen!

Armidale NSW Australia :D

I Liked It what Tracker Did you use?

Washington / California
om wrote:

at times it seemed like the chipmusic aspect of it was holding you back rather than inspiring you, if that makes any sense.

I think I know what you mean, I'm really used to writing with a lot of polyphony, and a ton of tracks. I'm hoping to incorporate a lot more creative sound design in future projects, as I've fallen into a pretty simplistic formula for my tracks. I also want to start using piggytracker and an additional DMG, in order to get some more polyphony and include some of my midi gear.

square0ne wrote:

I Liked It what Tracker Did you use?

Thanks! I tracked it in LSDJ, then recorded it in reason

Armidale NSW Australia :D

I thought the chipmusic aspect gave it a lot of character myself BTW i downloaded it as well smile
my favorite song was Banished to the Stars loved the beat

Last edited by square0ne (Mar 13, 2012 5:05 am)

Gosford, Australia
Screamforme99 wrote:
Jellica wrote:

...some simple Nintendo melodies and basic sound design, but competently made...

Thats how most of us make our music

And that's why "most of us" don't stand out.

But, like Jellica said:

if the music you make makes you happy then you shouldn't start trying to make music that is expressly made to please a certain type of audience

Last edited by Victory Road (Mar 13, 2012 5:48 am)