.FILTHadelphia
Vex wrote:

How if you go the LSDJ route, which is for gameboy, there's a guy on YouTube that posts as LSDJguides and he posts instrument build and shows you a quick tip on how it can be used. Watching enough of these will help you get used to the program layout quickly.

Hey that's me!

youtube.com/user/LSDJguides

heart you n00bsies. I got your back.

Puerto Rico
Glenntai wrote:

Invalidated or not, there's no arguing about how it's more productive to help someone than to just be a dick.

Some people argue that you won't get anywhere if everything is spoon fed to you. I'd still be making threads for any little thing if someone wasn't a dick to me once. As a newbie you don't really see WHY someone would be upset if you're just asking.

/devil's advocate? Too much impoliteness just turns us into 4chan, though.

shanghai

da best tracker is called Rectum tracker. You can fart a tune into ya dMG speaka and it plays it back like MARio's.

Tokyo, Japan
Je Mappelle wrote:

this place needs a "new 2 chipmusic" section - maybe even something at the top thats like "are you new to chipmusic?" ~

I think it doesn't and people should read the stickies.

- edit - I could edit that sticky and make it even more hand holdy and expand it a bit to cover a few more common questions.

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Mar 9, 2012 2:14 am)

Lazerbeat wrote:
Je Mappelle wrote:

this place needs a "new 2 chipmusic" section - maybe even something at the top thats like "are you new to chipmusic?" ~

I think it doesn't and people should read the stickies.

- edit - I could edit that sticky and make it even more hand holdy and expand it a bit to cover a few more common questions.

yeah you're right people should. however it seems they do not.

in order to get them to do this you need to get them to the stickies. maybe there should be a link to a "new to chipmusic" section upon registering. it could be within the e-mail confirmation process.

maybe n--b threads aren't such a bad thing though. i dunno.

Tokyo, Japan

They seem to crop up the forum pretty regularly and it is largely the same questions being asked over and over.

Tokyo, Japan

Just modified the sticky a bit.

Venezuela

i will recomend this,
first at all investigate about the different sounds and what kind of sound you like. like different chip sounds or and specifict sound. after that you could ask what kind of program or hardware u need.

and of course i will highly recomend to read the posts that already are in chipmusic