New York City

Hey guys,

I'm looking to sell the A500 I have. I am not going to use it and I need the space and the money hmm

This PAL A500 is in OK cosmetic condition, I say fair because it has some yellowing. I would do the retr0bright treatment to it if I had the time or will but this will have to be the new owner's duty. Other than that, it's fine.

The machine has a total of 2MB of RAM, configured as 512KB of Chip RAM and 1.5MB of Fast (slow) RAM, by means of an AMRAM device which has a piggyback to the Gary chip. No other upgrade has been done to the machine, it is still a Kickstart 1.3 unit. This AMRAM unit has a disable chip, but it has no RTC.

Be aware that software like ProTracker can only use for samples whatever you have available as Chip RAM, no matter how much other Fast or Slow RAM you have. So even if this one is a bit limited, the masters of Amiga of early ages used this much or less anyway tongue The extra RAM is good for games and other applications.

It comes in its white Commodore box, which is tatty but it has all the foam inserts. It also is packed with its power supply (220V), too.

It has an A520 RF modulator BUT I have made a mistake when trying to convert it to SVideo so it's not working. I snapped off a resistance I shouldn't have. The resistance is present but needs to be soldered back to its place as well as the conversion needs to be finished (here you can read how to do it).
I personally use an RGB-SCART cable to connect all my Amigas to my HDTV but I will include this in case you want to repair it, it's the unit of this machine after all. I feel like an idiot for breaking it hmm

To sweeten the deal up for chipmusic.org users, I'll throw in a sampler (Master Sound) and a mouse which some times has problems with the left mouse button. Better than having no mouse at all, and believe me you will need the mouse and the sampler is fun. The only drawback to the sampler is that it has a BNC connector so you will need an adapter for RCA or else..

Finally, I will throw a diskette with it. If you want a particular tracker that will run on this machine (don't go asking me for MusicLine or AHX) and if my A1200's disk drive decides to work, I'll be happy to copy it to disk to get you started. Otherwise it will just be a magazine coverdisk with some game demos like what the machine is running here:

Unit is in London, United Kingdom. Shipping varies, I would prefer UK shipping but let me know if you are abroad and you wanna cough up whatever it costs to ship it to where you are. Probably not worth it though so keep that in mind, this is a heavy package.

Due to the large size of the box, I will only wrap it in protective paper and plastic to ship it, the Amiga is padded enough to transport but I don't want to waste time finding a box bigger than the Amiga's to fit it all in.

I'm looking for 35GBP + shipping for this (or best offer)
Perhaps I wanna swap for something but I don't really know, space and cash are tight at the moment.

Thank you for your attention!

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 8, 2012 3:55 pm)

New York City

Y U NO WANT MY A500???

Price drop to 35GBP + shipping.

Edinburgh

Sweet deal! I would snap this up if I didn't already have a backlog of under-used machines. Where can I buy more free time from?

New York City
Comptroller wrote:

Where can I buy more free time from?

Hi, I am Richard Branson and I can offer you a monthly, fixed-rate pack of minutes for life.

San Angelo, TX

email me, its possible i strike deal

Turku, FIN

Come here with that and i'll take it!

New York City
Screamforme99 wrote:

email me, its possible i strike deal

Huh? Email you how?
You live in Texas anyway.

Keff: maybe it's cheaper  to pay my airfare than shipping? xD

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 8, 2012 7:19 pm)

Sydney, NSW

How much would shipping be to Australia?

New York City

Too much

L0O3, C0rnw4//.

haha soccerkid, amazing xD

I dont have the money or i would bite your fucking hand off, the only thing better than an a500 would be *2* a500's....

But,

You said you can burn some diskettes, I was woundering if you could burn OCTAMED onto a diskette/s for me, I have the octamed CDs and I have a butt load of diskettes but no means to transfer them.

my email is- roll.1.on.a.d20(at)gmail(dot)com

New York City

Well, as I said, my disk drive is temperamental, and the new one I got, I can't connect yet due to a cable issue. So, I am not sure.
Do you live in London?

L0O3, C0rnw4//.

nah, im in cornwall blad, postage will cost fuck all so i dont mind fronting ^~

and tbh, a tempramental disk drive is fucking miles better than 0 disk drive.

New York City

Come on guys, I need to get rid of this thing.